YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Due to my buddy having to stop diving due to circumstances outwith his control, I am therefore buddyless!! I'm BSAC Sports, with 250 or so dives, and based in north Glasgow. Usually dive Loch Fyne & Loch Long, but this is not mandatory. I can't dive this weekend, I have a show, but OK to dive from 12th/13th onwards. Keep blowing bubbles.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Would you be up for a weekend diving at Oban towards the mid / end of October ( Weather permitting). gav and I were banding the idea about at St Abbs at the weekend. Either the 21st weekend or the 28th weekend???

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from stef on 7:12 pm on Sep. 30, 2002
theres a suprise..........
<span =''>Hey Stef, only the second time I've seen you on the boards and you're obviously still feeling pretty p****d off about something. Why don't you join us on a trip? The pleasure would be all yours!!

:wavey:
Hi Frog,
I'm sure Myself, Ben, Timing and any of the other guys in your neck of the woods would be happy to get something organised over the next month or so.
Hope to see you soon!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

:yelclap:
Hi Ben!!
How did things go at St Abbs? Hope you had a great time.
Thanks for the mail with the dive info - much appreciated.
Listen - if you're up for Oban on the 21st/22nd great - I can't do the 28/29 - tabbing round Washington DC.
I'll keep an eye on the boards.
Cheers
John

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Ill post something in planned trips about oban.
St Abbs is amazing. Possibly going up again next wednesday if your free. St Abbs and probably most of Scotland is the best diving i've seen yet. Tons of fish, wrecks n stuff. Its breath taking and well worth the drive. About 4 hours.

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Ben
Send me an email, several of us are traveling up on the Tuesday evening and staying over at Billys, so avoiding a long drive the Wednesday.
Are you staying on for the Thursday?

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Stef, exactly what is your problem?  Why are you so unpleasant to people all the time?  You enjoy other people's misfortune?  My buddy in this instance?  I waste no more time on you.

Ben, John H - I'd be happy to take you up on your offer sometime.
Ben - I love Oban.  I saw your posting about dives, but it's a bit far ahead for me to say a definite yes or no to you at the precise moment.  In the past I've stayed at Glenshalloch (Dave Tye) but that's been in a caravan, I don't know what the bunkhouses are like.  I have stayed with Alchemy Andy in a 6 berth residential caravan for a dive weekend - f**ing ACE weekend, divers totally catered for even to the extent you and kit is taken to the water in the boat.  No humphing kit around.  Just some ideas for you to mull over Ben.  Dive safely.

(Edited by Frog at 10:18 am on Oct. 1, 2002)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Travelling up Tuesday, staying Weds and Thurs sounds like a plan. Will there be room at Billys??

So much for decorating.......

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Ben
Will book with Billy tonight for all who are staying

Look forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Is that this Weds/Thurs?

If so the Driftster might make an appearance on the Thurs - assuming he can blag a tank from somewhere!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Ben - if I'm going then I've got a spare 15. If I'm not going then I've got 2 spare 15s.

Give me a shout if you can make it mate.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Ben on 3:43 pm on Oct. 2, 2002
Two people called Ben, bloody #### thats a bit confusing!!!
<span =''>
Last man standing gets to keep the handle  :boxing:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Chaps,

Both you chaps called Ben, the 'Welsh Conjecture' now applies: either one of you will have to choose either a nomme de guerre or hobby or some such that deliniates you from the other!! As in 'Ben the .....'

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Theres only one Ben, just as theres only one Driftwood, no problermo!!

Although a toe to toe handbag fight might be fun... I'm having my money on Ben.. I mean Driftwood.. I mean BenDrift... erm DriftyBen, BendyDrift.. oh f*ck it!

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Both you chaps called Ben, the 'Welsh Conjecture' now applies:

Bren - What have you been reading?
???

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

What Bren alluded to was the habit of the Welsh to refer to people by there occupation/hobby if they had comman surnames.

I pont you to the fine BBC Children's series Ivor the Engine. The driver of Ivor was Jones "The Steam".

The has uses outside of Wales. At my old local pub in London we had four people called ****.

One worked in a shoe-shop - **** The Shoe
One worked in a kebab shop - **** the Grease
Another worked for Lloyds TBS - **** the Bank
and the other was called **** the sheep - I never found out why!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts