YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Jamie
what about the 21st?
6 million YDers are a gathering, the list is close BUT if you dont tell em your with YD they cant ban you can they?

Matt

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Matt hi,

It would be great to go, I know it sounds silly but was nervouse to meet so many people at once.

There also seems so many people going that Im sure I would have to be there about 5 in the morning and even then Im sure its going to be so packed people are turned away.

How is the day going to work? if I did turn up and introduce myself would I get buddied with someone?

Im still thinking it would be easier to try another weekend.

Jamie

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Jamie
dont worry about the lot on here, they're harmless, well mostly anyway.  

I'm going to get there and meet up with another guy, we have just completely re-organised our kit so unfortunately wont be able to buddy you as we will be too involved in that to offer competent support, however there will be plenty of other experienced people to help I'm sure. We also plan to get there mid morning rather than Dark O Clock and I think that should be OK - else it will be a long drive for bugger all.
Worst comes to worst we'll just do the social bit, which could also work for you as you'll meet people you can dive with later, having bought loads of beer for them  

Come along, bring your kit, dont tell Stoney your part of the YD gig, as they seem to be worried about numbers, its been a bit exagerated and hope for the best. Unless Stoney is full I cant see them turning people away, they're a business after all.

C U there?
Matt

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I will have a think about it on this date and then let people know. I may just pop up there to say hello.

I was meant to be going for a meal with a few people on the Friday so would probably either have to not drink there or be feeling not to good the next day.

choices choices.

Thanks any way Matt.

If any one does or would like to go end of feb or mar let me know.

Thanks

Jamie

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Jamie,

I'm possibly going to be looking for a dive on the 28th / 29th of feb. I'm not sure I can be bothered doing Stoney for the second weekend running though, might try to find something in the sea instead. I'll probably stick up a buddy request in the next few days so keep an eye on the boards...

Tom

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Stoney gig. No questions. If you need a YD dad for the day to introduce you to a few people that's more than possible, and I'd be happy to set you up meeting people. Come and help me barbecue and you'd meet just about everyone I reckon!!!

It's a date not to be missed, and I know we're not all crazy about doing the mass social thing, but it won't be half as bad as you think. I promise!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Digger hi,

appreciate the offer but i still have the meal the night before that is putting a dampner on things.

I have had a good response to my original post so what I think I will do is meet up with the respondies (new word like insania
) and then await the next YD event. Probably wont be one like this for a while but there is the dive show coming up and I live only a train ride away from there so Im sure i can meet a few of you there and get a few beers in.

Hope you all enjoy the 21st i know Im gonna wish I went

Jamie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts