YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hey guys - after being told this was a good place to bung in an advert, here i am.  I am based in northumberland (bout 20 mins from farnes), but am not having much success with my local club.  My two main buddies have been put out of the scene (one gone back to uni, one cant dive for medical reasons) and i get withdrawal symptoms if i dont get wet often enough.  I am a BSAC dive leader, with my advanced nitrox qual, plus loads of others (cox, VHF etc).  My main prob is i cant drive......i keep on spending all my cash on diving.  So if any of you guys have a hole needing filled on any trip in my direction, please gimmie a shout.  

Email [email protected]

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi, I take it you're Helen. It was myself that pointed you here! Unfortunately I'm from Glasgow but I'm sure one of this crowd of rouges, vagabonds and delinquints will jump out of the woodwork for you. Feel free to get your name on any of the planned trips or, even better, organise one youself. This year we've had Anglesey, Farnes, Sound of Mull, St Abbs, Clyde plus the usual spattering of quarry gigs.

Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Helen,

Further to your email, please feel free to add your name to the groups going to the Dive Show. Which date do you fancy going? Please advise.

Cheers,

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Aye peter this is me......

I am trying to plan something to mull in may/june time, but dunno yet.  This year for me has been: Oban/Mull/Eigg etc (Jane R), St Abbs (cos its only 45 mins up the road), Scapa Flow/Northern Isles x2 (Jean Elaine), Clyde (Clutha)....erm.  Thats it i think - the farnes obviously cos they are just up the road, the tyne wrecks.  Im up for owt.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Helen,
          I seemed to have nominated myself for running the SoM gigs. The next one, after the next one, if you see what I mean(There's one going in November but it's full) will be March if your interested?

What's Eigg like by the way? I've never known anyone to get/go out there!

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Hellooo,

Eigg was so nice, until i went to scapa, it was my fave dive.  I was on the Jane R at easter with a bunch of (lovely) loonies from down your way.  We were going to try to get around Skye but the weather was threatening to change so we were heading back to Tobermoray.  We had heard reports of this monster cliff wall from 6m to something silly like 80m.  Anyhow i was just a sports diver at the time so restricted to 35m, so that was the deepest i saw of it.  Its very nice, covered in life and you can just pick your max depth, and slowly come up.  I think you have to be lucky for the weather though.  March sounds like a plan, as long as i can get a lift with some nice person who doesent mind a mad geordie for a few hours in a confined space.........

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Oct. 26 2003,18:41)]We had heard reports of this monster cliff wall from 6m to something silly like 80m.  
Either Bo Fascadale or Elizabeth Rock!

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

No idea which one it was, it was about 9am when we were roused from our pits by "Kit up" being hollered down the deck hatch.   I should have classed it as a night dive by my standards.  Was near(ish) a lighthouse, if that is any help.......

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Bo Fascadale. Swine, I've been wanting to dive that for a while. never quite made it though, I'll see what's happening with the weather in November.

Peter

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

Just make sure you head the right way.  One buddy pair managed to miss it completley and swam about in 6m for half an hour.....
We were followed by dolphins for an hour and a half over there too.  Ohhhhh i want to come tooooooooooooo.  sods.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

The monster wall is off Canna but there is also a half decent one off Muck. haven't found much so far around Eigg or Rhum but still looking.
Elizabeth rock is "different" a bit unusual mainly for the geology as it is very different to Bo Fascadale just a couple of miles North. Bo Fascadale in good viz is quite spectacular, even the hardened wreckies enjoy it

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Porg
wherabouts in Northumberland are you? I'm in Gateshead but obviously go up that way regularly
Chee-az
steve

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

Aye, she was towed to Oban once.  Took them bloody ages.  We got the wee one for trips away, trouble is that she is a bit cramped if you dive twinset.  Dont get me wrong, they are a good club - they trained me well, have an excellent setup but i simply am not getting enough time in the water with them.  I have had about 60-70 dives this season (havent counted) and it feels like not enough!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts