YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
never odd or even
286 Posts
Great abit on the heavy side (ish) but remeber to ge one that suits your regs. DIN or A clamp to recharge the mni cyl

·
South African - and proud of it!
180 Posts
One of my dive buddies swears by his. I guess like all of these labour-saving devices, so long as you know how to use it when you need to and discover you forgot to charge the cylinder, then all OK.

One thought - a couple of divers have recently been into the shop and swear blind that they ended up with water in the manifold / cylinder because of back-pressure forcing water through after filling one of these small cylinders after a dive. I can't see it because of the valve system when charging but... just thought I'd mention it.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
You can get water into the cylinder if it's not screwed home onto the blob properly. A bit of grease on the threads sorts that.

I use one and it's brilliant. Handbag strap on the is annoying so have done this:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Coincendentally I got one yesterday from SDS. I wanted the yellow/red blob but they didn't have one in stock, they checked with AP Valves and they didn't have it either.

SDS were great and shipped within the the same day. Their service is just great.

I've used these Buddy DSMB's before but on my last visit to the Azores last week I had to leave the crack bottle behind. It was filled but the valve was stuck, with brute force I broke it. As it was pressurized I left it behind. So if anyone had a spare crack bottle wanting to sell let me know please:)

I aslo got the Buddy reel yesterday, Has anyone got any experience of these?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
PS Try Godive £59.99 + Postage

GO-DIVE SCUBA STORE

:thumbsup:
It looks like they don't have them in stock though :frown:

If the price sounds good do check the postage costs. often that is where the margin is made and henceforth the internet mail order price is different than collected from store. I'm not saying it's the case with Go-Dive but worth checking.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Just one thought :embarassed:

It is a great bit of kit however the SMB is red and yellow? and there is a growing use of the SMB being orange or red for the dive marker and Yellow for a problem so if you do go for this idea get an orange/red one for the dive and then a small yellow SMB for when your in the realms of the poo fan interface.

or you could tell me to mind my own business :)

Graham

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Graham
There are three to choose from Red, Red and Yellow and Yellow so they have tried to cover the market.
Colin
thats what you get for looking at the pictures without reading it

oh well im off to buy the sun news paper ................ lots of pictures in there :)

Graham

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I aslo got the Buddy reel yesterday, Has anyone got any experience of these?
Yes. It's utter utter shit. Throw it away immediately. Not in the water as some poor sod may find it and use it. Personally I would take it back and give whoever sold it to go a fist in the face.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Yes. It's utter utter shit. Throw it away immediately. Not in the water as some poor sod may find it and use it. Personally I would take it back and give whoever sold it to go a fist in the face.
:teeth: Can't say you don't mince your words! What's shit about it? They jamn easily? Shouldn't be that bad as Ap products tend to be good. Can always sell it on fleabay.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Jams, is a pain to wind in- the outer case is smooth and you get really bad cramp in your hand even from as little as 10m. Get it on eBay before you have the misfortune to use it for real. Instead, my favourite is the Narked at 60 reel. Simple, cheap and reliable. You'll get a load of people shouting "Kent Tooling" or "Custom Divers" or even "Manta" but at £100 or more rather than £35 I know which one I would buy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.