YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"we sit at the bar sipping ice and white Russian"
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i own a commando,and a custom diver tbd,been thinking about the tekwing lite for travel overseas......any opinions ?anybody won one ?

cheers mark

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Yeah, I had one a couple of years back for diving abroad. Got to say I loved it. Very light. I had the orange one but I think they do them in stealthy black/gray now.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I had the old tekwing normal (was orange but 6 months of sun and its near white).
It was lightweight for travel and fine, harness a bit annoying but other than that no problems with it. The "lite" (sic) just has less lift.
I suspect it'll be nice for travel.

·
New member? What was wrong with the old one?
514 Posts
My new one arrived from SDS last week. Looks great, fits great, but I haven't used it yet. First time will be in Malta in two weeks. I'm SOOOO looking forward to it...
Steve

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
Was tempted by a Tek Wing Lite and almost bought one but happened across a Ralf Tech Travelite on fleabay .
Got it for a snip and must say its the dogs danglies.
No help I know but a little gloating goes a long way:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a tech wing (the orange one) for an overseas trip where I needed the option of been able to dive with twin cylinders. I found it excellent both for single and twin use and has even taken to using it in UK waters. The orange is good for the extra visibility at the surface but I have had some fading. The harness is OK when you consider the price and I have added some padding, using the car seat belt protectors which I found a good afordable solution.

Heather

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
I've just bought SWMBO a Tekwing Lite today and I must say it's a tidy bit of kit. One thing confuses me though - can anyone tell me what the d-rings in the pouches half way up the back of the wing are for??

·
Registered
679 Posts
I got the tek wing not the lite off e bay for a good price. I like it. Can't wait until Sunday when i jet off for a week on Gozo. I tried the wing out last weekend and liked it, good surface support despite me worrying about being pushed forward on the surface by the wing it did not happen it was excellent with sufficent to lift me clear of the water up to my chest.
I found the pillar valve seemed close to the back of my swede despite having the cylinder set as low as possible and it was a pain putting my weight belt on last so that it sat on top of the crotch strap. I initially found the top dump which is integrated in the convoluted hose a bit different from what i was used to.
Nice bit of kit though which should last, looks good and sturdy which you would expect from "Buddy"

·
"we sit at the bar sipping ice and white Russian"
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys.....gonna consider one then i think...what with that and my seaskin suit..ill be bloody skint !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts