YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Anyone yet bought the new Buddy Travelwing yet? (its a smaller Tekwing). I used a display model at Kent Diving to try out weight distribution and feel for a 15L single and 5L side mounted deco/stage - the intended use.
It was comfortable and seemed to fit the bill, but my missus thought it was the business and better all round than the current Tusa stab she uses.
The big thing for me is the low cost (£169) of this BCD and the plentiful D rings combined with a great guarantee and reputation for long life.  (I believe a UV faded buddy commando is mandatory for BSAC OWI?).
No - I don't want the suicide bottle attached BTW, or the air2 thingie either - these have been argued to death elswhere.

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hi Chris

I used a 13kg Buddy Travelwing for a year whilst working in Grand Bahama. It had enough lift to support me wearing a 26lb stainless steel suit with a 6lb keel weight on the tank. so I would recommend them to anyone and have even told AP Valves as well.

I know use it on holidays (Cuba in Jan04
) and when pool training.

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>No just to protect the shark's teeth if they happen to bite me by mistake!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I'd reccomend a TekWing instead, to be honest. FOr a 15 plus extras you might a well take the extra lift, tank wrap is avoided by the harness to wing thing which pulls the wing in against you. It's a bit of future proofing, as the wing would do for various other kit configs, and I'm yet to find a config with which it wouldn't work (bar twin 15s and steel stages!).

I also have dived it with a ew different single tank setups, and it's not too big for that at all, and I'd go as far as to say it's just the right size for a 15. It's certainly just right for twin 7s.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Thanks guys.

I'll take a look at the Tek Wing too.  No way to get my missus into twins though!!

Chris

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I've a TekWing, love it, only had it a short while but want to dive it all the time. Cam bands and ABS b/p make it very light.

Now how often have you said 'no way am I going to....' about diving then gone and done it?

OK promise not to say told you so.. but she'd probably love twin 7's. (plus you could borrow them  
)

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts