YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I feel left out, I've got no bungee anywhere.
I do have one of those snazzy yellow tuby things that hold my second dv under my neck, but I dont have ANY 'proper' bungee stuff except the one little piece that holds my dsmb to my reel, which to be honest I could do without.
Why am I bungeeless?
? What am I missing?
Am I not a proper diver yet?

HELP!!!!!

Matt

·
Registered
330 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
I am really into bungee it I have it on my mask ,knife,SMB, computer, torch, and am just about to put it on to my fins it is wicked stuff .
if you get yourself a real of 5mm cord  a lighter to seal the ends when its been cut and loads of cable ties you will be well away .
Fioan.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
 nope  

Im bloody festooned with the stuff! I dosn't matter if its broken or not, you can fix it with bungee.

Seriously tho, a couple of pocket loops will get you started, no harm there  

Stu.

·
Liberal Lefty
1,694 Posts
Imported post

I once did a bungee  - never again.  It was at the AJ Hackett place in Cairns, and it was bl**dy scarey I can tell you......

Ah, wait.  Not the kind of bungee you were talking about.  

Oops

Sorry

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I am "inner tubed" on all cylinders at the moment to stow flag and a few coils of my long hoses.

I have a few bits of bungee to tie knife and scissors to my arms. My computer/D timer etc will soon ALL be bungeed on.

Not sure about doing my fins though.

Come on Matt - get with it.  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Matt,

I'll let you have a few metres of bungee at Porthkerris so you don't feel left out.

One word of warning though, there is no going back once you have seen the power of bungee!

Daz

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

OK so I do a bit of bungee sometimes, it's not a problem, I could give it up anytime, it's not like I'm addicted or anything.

- two loops around one of the twins to hold my long hose
- loop to hold my wing hose to the wing shoulder strap
- loop to hold in the spare webbing on waist strap
- two loops around wrist slate
- necklace for backup reg
- loop around stage cylinders to hold regs in place
- loop over stage reg mouthpiece as mouth guard
- loop to hold stage reg contenets guage in place
- spare length in dive bag 'just in case'

and finally a length of bungee cord in my dry box to use when explaining M-Values, supersaturation and critical supersaturation.

I think thats all.

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Thanks guys,
I'll take you up on your offer Daz and maybe you can show me how to use it too.

Mark, now I get it, I need to be Techie to get fully hooked on the stuff, that's where I've been going wrong, so far I've only dabbled in this diving stuff.

Matt

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

Just start with a little bit of bungee until you get hooked.

then come over to the dark (and stretchy) side.

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Powell @ April 14 2004,10:39)]Just start with a little bit of bungee until you get hooked.

then come over to the dark (and stretchy) side.
<font color='#8D38C9'>bungee comes in more tahn black :p

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

yes the bit around my wing hose is red. but then black goes with anything

·
Registered
519 Posts
Imported post

Matt,
You can dabble in diving and STILL get hooked on bungee.  Needed some to keep my long hose on my cylinder, LDS didn't have any (travesty, I know) so ended up in B&Q and bought 15m of the stuff. Now spend time just thinking up things I can use it for - seems a shame to keep 15m, prolly actually nearer 10 now, locked up in the dive bag.

Regards

Mark

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AirHog @ April 14 2004,10:49)]Matt,
You can dabble in diving and STILL get hooked on bungee.  Needed some to keep my long hose on my cylinder, LDS didn't have any (travesty, I know) so ended up in B&Q and bought 15m of the stuff. Now spend time just thinking up things I can use it for - seems a shame to keep 15m, prolly actually nearer 10 now, locked up in the dive bag.

Regards

Mark
When I firsted started experimenting with Bungee,  I also thought a metre would be more than enough, but it was soon gone.  But it was not a problem I knew I could handle it.

A few weeks later I got another couple of metres just to keep me going,  I was only an occasional user and purely for recreational usage.

That small stash was soon gone and before I knew it I was going for the hard stuff in B&Q, I even started experimenting with larger dosages.

And now I admit it's out of control,  I have been pushing it to fellow divers and slowly but surely they end up hooked as well.

Daz

·
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

If I get some abroad will I be allowed to bring it back to the UK without penalty or is there a maximum per person, will I need my wife to secret it about her person to avoid suspicion. Perhaps Paul (Oliver) knows the answer to this one.

Matt

·
Registered
330 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
I have just got some black jet fins and want to use bungee for the straps has anyone any idears on the best way to do it . these are not the quick release straps they have the metal buckles .
thanks Fiona.

·
Rubber Boy
141 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>we have started off a new fashion........

black is the new pink in elastic

underwater bondage...........mmmmmmmmm

i shall dream tonight..........

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cragcrawler @ April 14 2004,20:53)]
I have just got some black jet fins and want to use bungee for the straps has anyone any idears on the best way to do it . these are not the quick release straps they have the metal buckles .
thanks Fiona.
Use metal spring straps. They are initially expensive, but do not lose their elasticity with time like bungee does.
Make sure that they have line of some sort down the center of the spring, this will stop you over stretching them when you put them on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts