YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dear all,

Hope this doesn't come across as a stupid question, but it's causing me a bit of puzzlement.

I've recently bought my first drysuit (Aerdura) and have done a couple of freshwater dives in it. I did my first saltwater dive yesterday (Horsea) but, whilst doing a buoyancy check, found I needed 2.5kg more than when I use a 5mm wetsuit. I'm using a Weezle Extreme Undersuit (Council Orange before j.w. gets his comments in! Hey, even Ian Forster at Gildy knew about me on Friday!) Would the Weezle create an airspace that would warrant this extra weight? I pray this isn't a stupid question..  

Thanks and all the best,

Ian

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Sounds about right, I dive a 5mm Neopreen dry suit with a fourth element base layour in the warm 13c+ sea. Any colder than that and I add a 200g Thinsulate undersuit which adds 2KG to my weight belt.

My old weezle extreem used to demand a further 2kg so thats 4kg over my normal 5mm neo suit without an undersuit.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Mark,

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm not going loopy after all!

All the best,

Ian

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I can concur with Mark. I dive with a Weezle Extreme and I need more weight as a result. They are well know around here for being quite bouyant apparently. Lovely and warm though. I dived in Wast Water last weekend in my 5mm Compressed Neophrene with only a weezle, under crackers and weezle socks in 4 degrees and war sorted during the dive. Only got a little cold when doing the off gassing at 9m. If I had worn my dry suit I would have been warmer no doubt

Dave C

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Dave,

Thanks for that. Can confirm the Extreme is very warm. Horsea was 4deg, apart from my right hand, was very toasty!. Wishing I'd gone for the dark colour now though..

All the best,

Ian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>I can also confirm this, I used up to 4 kg more when using my weezle. I also found that I was very wet afterwards, nothing to do with a leak, just weezle causes you to lose up to 3 litres of water on a forty minute dive

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Diving doc @ Mar. 07 2004,22:55)]I also found that I was very wet afterwards, nothing to do with a leak, just weezle causes you to lose up to 3 litres of water on a forty minute dive
More agreement, remember you need around 1kg fot every litre of air, you can imagine the amount an undersuit can hold, even when compressed.

As for the sweat problem, you wife must realy love you.

James  

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

I must be the odd one out because I don't use any more lead with my weezle than I did with my thinsulate.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I also found that I was very wet afterwards, nothing to do with a leak, just weezle causes you to lose up to 3 litres of water on a forty minute dive
As  Alan Partridge would say, "Ah haaaaa!" I was doubting my bladder control on Saturday! Does get a wee bit damp I must admit.

Thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest.

All the best,

Ian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Mar. 08 2004,01:18)]for the sweat problem, you wife must realy love you.

James  
<font color='#728FCE'>its called natural pheremones James!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts