YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Optimist
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have just taken delivery of a C5060 wide zoom camera, a P20-020 housing, 512 MB card, and a filter for this country. I am a total novice to u/w photography, and was wandering if I will need an external flash, or if the one on the camera is sufficient? Any advice at all from anyone who has used this camera would be appreciated. I think I will spend some time getting aquainted with it topside, before I venture below! Going to Oban on the 26th March, hope to take it under then.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

the built in one will be fine for starters, have a look a Jules's pix from Mull, that's using the built in flash on the 5050Z which was the predecessor to the 5060

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ Mar. 12 2004,12:58)]the built in one will be fine for starters, have a look a Jules's pix from Mull, that's using the built in flash on the 5050Z which was the predecessor to the 5060
AND a dive torch to light subjects from the side..nearly all the ones of crabs, squatties etc that i posted used the torch as well as the flash. Just have a play. theres quite a lot of hints, tips and links on the forum but you cant beat just playing.
jules

·
Optimist
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks, for the advice. Very nice pictures Jules, I will give the dive torch a go, and post some pics, if they come out all right.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

take loads , throw the rubbish away and hey presto everyone thinks you onlytake great pics! i just love digital for thatreason. when i was using film it was costing me a fortune to take rubbish pics.
we look forward to seeing your results
jules

1 - 5 of 5 Posts