YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I can't shake the feeling that being a "stroke" is insulting me in a more subtle way than I am quite able to grasp. This is really bugging me. Is there another secret meaning of name "stroke" that I am not aware of.

Therefore, I would like to propose that we strokes have a name for DIRs who, rather than evolving their diving kit/configuration, cut out most of the work and go straight to the finish.

Now, children, there is no need to be rude :-

We are strokes so they could be - yankers or tugs or jerks?

Also, I have now evolved beyond a simple "stroke" to a two or four "stroke" ever since I started using mink covered diving gloves.

This is so obvious that someone must already have done this - my apologies to whoever.

[EDIT] I've done it again. Since when has there been an apostrophe in the word "want" - somebody PLEASE tell me how to edit the tiltles on a forum post.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ June 24 2003,15:29)][EDIT] I've done it again. Since when has there been an apostrophe in the word "want" -
somebody PLEASE tell me how to edit the tiltles on a forum post.

Don't think you can Finless, just tried it myself and no joy.
Most probably a job for Jay.
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ June 24 2003,15:29)]Therefore, I would like to propose that we strokes have a name for DIRs.
There yer go
"DIRty boys"
Digger just come up with it.
Cheers
Bob.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

You're bloody hopeless....Finless.

DIR
Dives Inspiration Rebreather
No?  Worth a go.

Get back to work hippy

PS Love Bryan dearly, don't know what I'd do without his organisational skills.  Just have to take the piss out of everybody who's got more hair than me.  Which means, basically, everybody.  Bollocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts