YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a country member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be having a Finless moment here but I've just come up with what I think is a genius plan.
So we all know that the government keeps banging on about the citizens of these fair isles becoming more and more obese. And that one thing that us divers are not happy with luggage weight limits. So two birds with one stone. Airlines give a maximum total weight for hold luggage, hand luggage and traveller. This will then encourage people to lose weight so they can take more stuff with them when they go away.
So all you have to do if you want to take you RB or twin-set on holiday is not eat for a couple of weeks.
See everybody wins.

·
Dive Ninja and now Trainee Kit-donkey
157 Posts
Genius. Next logical step - if ur anorexic for long enough, two people can lose enough weight so they only have to pay for one ticket as collectively they are less than the weight limit. The result? Double the people on one flight = lower greenhouse gas emissions. You could even claim money in the form of carbon credits from the US in exchange for cramming so many people on one flight. Do I want lunch today? I think not. I'm going to Florida baby.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
The downside to your plan is that you're going to have to spend the flight sat next to me wearing just a tiny thong!!! :D

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
The downside to your plan is that you're going to have to spend the flight sat next to me wearing just a tiny thong!!! :D
There should be a small waterproof paper bag in the seat back to cope with such eventualities :D

Chris

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Sorry, I came up with this idea months if not years ago :)

Under my rules, I can now carry 150 pounds of extra hand luggage !

LOL

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
yes but then all the beer and food I eat on my hols I'd have to leave some dive equipment behind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts