YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Gav and I have noticed that we have a significant number of Edinburgh dwellers on the site now (G, Drift, Graeme & Karen...).  We also thought, what with these dive-prohibitive winds at the moment (not to mention Gav's peg-leg status) it might be nice to arrange a wee drinky???

Suggestions on dates and venues welcome.

Come on then......

(Incidentally, if any of the rest of you find yourself in the Edinburgh neck of the woods when we decide to meet up you would of course be welcome to join us  
)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Oh go on then if we must!

Twisting my arm eh? The Elm's always good for a regular but if you fancy somewhere else I'm ameniable. Most dates are okay apart from first week in November when I'm in Madrid.

I'm sure the likes of Peter K could be convinced to pop over from soap-dodger land if alcohol is involved....:p

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Aye, very good drifty! What's wrong with you all coming over here for a swim with "ze leetle feeshes". I'll show you such delights as conger ali, The Caves and dive site Y(aka 5-wreck reef). We try and not let the forigners know wher that is but I'll make special dispensation for the pretentious Edinbores.

Peter
PS-We don't dodge soap. It's just our city doesn't get millions pumped into it to keep it clean for all the polichickens.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Oct. 18 2003,16:22)]Aye, very good drifty! What's wrong with you all coming over here for a swim with "ze leetle feeshes". I'll show you such delights as conger ali, The Caves and dive site Y(aka 5-wreck reef). We try and not let the forigners know wher that is but I'll make special dispensation for the pretentious Edinbores.
<font color='#0000FF'>HaaHaa ha ahha

Been there, done that.... Mapped it as well! Conger and the Caves are nice it's just on a flood tide the film of sewerage (especially at Finniart) kinda puts me off.

I'm more than happy for a wee drinkie in Glazzie-ville. You offering floorspace or is it drink up a'fore the last night train chugs away?

I'm easy  

Anyhoo, it's not my fault if Edinburgh is the capital city.... Would rather not live in a great big shopping centre (too expensive with the missus!)

Saying that, I'm moving to within crawling distance of MacArthur Glen ...

Oh Cripes chief!

Will have to do that dive though.....

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

How do you make a ouija board?
Take away his Buckfast!

Peter

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>I was thinking of a fairly central venue - possibly "Milnes" on Hanover Street?

Any particular day of the week for anyone (I can't make a Wednesday or before 7.30pm on a Thursday).

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Okay, Milnes it is....

How about Thursday coming (23rd) at say 20:30??

Shall we all wear red carnations or something?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I think Dave C has his club drinkies on a Thurs not far from Milnes so this could be a plan.

Roll call

1. Fi
2. Gav
3. Drifty

Anymore?

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>G?  How about you for Thurs?  Dave C - wanna come and join us instead or as well as your other dive-chums on Thurs?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Dave - the more the merrier - I wanna meet you and some of your guys anyway.

This is looking like a plan.

Team Sheet

Gav
Fi
Dave and his posse
Mr G
Drifty
Graeme and Karen

Mmmm booze (Gavin effects Homer type voice0

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Excellent!

Well, ol' peg-leg should be easy to spot. Look for the person with one leg twice the size of the other!

How's the swelling Gav?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>That's not my leg !!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Please stop, you'll have me in stitches!

Gav, how about helping me bend my credit card at DiversWhorehouse this weekend?

Wing, plate, harness, 7's, no telling the missus.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts