YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hey guys

anyone got any RB bits lying around spare in exchange for cash ?

also any complete units or mods that are surplus to requirements as long as its not the yellow pit viper.

also looking for an OMS/CD wing with or without plate.

regards

mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mark- it sounds like you wanna build a home build.If so give me a mail and i will let you know so supplies to build a reliable safe (depends on user) ccr. Its very small (fits inside perameters of back plate) and very easy to use! have you had any experience on breathers?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yeah!... have already built two based around drager unit's and am currently working on a third that is quite a scary prospect indeed.

digger and bren know the crack

drop me a line and we shall have a gab.

and yes!!...ive been on the breather's for about three year's now and have about a thousand  or so hour's on mainly drager stuff although ive had half an hour (more than enough) on the yellow pit viper and a quick dip on the CIS lunar.

looking forward to the MEG at xmas though.

regards

nitrox  

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Comedy.

It's hard to judge people's experience on these forums, and get an idea of what they're doing/what they've done. Good to see more experienced guys offering help to others, I think you'll be ok now I've shown you the way, eh nitrox?

I'll get me coat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>laugh:

when you have built and mastered yer first unit....maybe then i'll suck on yer exhale bag!!....untill then ....carry on rambling young apprentice!

some day, a master you may make!!..  

nice to meet ya on sunday dude, like i said...any prob's with spare's or advice..giz a shout!!

and dont forget to put a more recent photo as yer avatar!!...yer cheek's are far more chubby in real life.  

regards

the jedi master.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>will be flogging a ray and oxygauge soon, not thaught of the £££,
but let me know if your interested

not been on for a bit, with work commitments, how you all doing?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yeah!...as it goe's steve i would be interested.

have  a think about the coin.

dont tell me your still buying the pit viper!!

regard's

mark

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

tell you what Mark, you buy the unit, and then I might consider your offer of jedi internship. Of course, I'd expect free use of said unit...

Devils point good for training? I like to learn hard and fast. I reckon your teaching style might suit!!!

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Nov. 22 2003,17:55)]
Devils point good for training? I like to learn hard and fast.
 Perfect for training.  Let me know when your'e going to do it so i can come down and watch.   You'll learn hard and fast there or you'll walk back from Cornwall.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Can I bring some OW students to come along for their lessons? 50 should be deep enough to check they won't panic without masks.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Bring everyone.  Don't worry about boat cover, as soon as you send up a blob somebody will be over to look after you.  MOD plod will even pick you up and drop you off at the nearest nick.  And if you surface anywhere near pilots or RN, that's when the fun starts.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hey diggsy,

so let me get this right!....ur building a fenzy and have no RB training yeah?

as ive already told you mate, devil's point aint a place to be fcuked with.
im more than happy to guide you round it sometime should you feel the need to become a janner!

dont know about loaning you a unit though  

so yer tellin me you like it hard and fast!!

bit personal at such an early stage dont you think?

regard's

nitrox

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I like personal, and I usually get in early with it, too!

I'm building the fenzy as a "learn how rebreathers work" witha  view to "learn how to stop a rebreather killing me" method. The fenzy is going nowhere, and I mean nowhere, near devils point, or probably most open water for that matter. It might get a run out in resorts where O2 is particularly expensive, but I doubt it. It's more of a weekend project for me, that is taking weeks. Christmas time, maybe, when I've got a month off.

We'll go and do Devils with me on OC I reckon. I can get a fair few tanks sorted, and then go and play. Loaning units won't come into it (yet), i'll convince you of my powers before we get technical!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>diggs!

sure thing mate.

wont be untill the new year though, devon's pretty ripped up at the mo!... or so i'm reliably informed.

beside's,  i'm tweaking and packing my gear for my up and coming adventure.

glad yer not thinking of venturing out with that contraption of your's.

refard's

mark

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I would use it in OW, except for firstly the depth limitations. It's ok for deco, but I don't really need it. I'm not in a position doing hangs where my 6s won't do the job yet. I also don't have any means of monitoring the PPO2, but I might look into plumbing in something to do the job.

I'm probably going to avoid the diving thing until the new year at this rate, I'm going to go for a pootle in Stoney on the 17th I think, but that will probably be my last dive before Xmas as I've just got far too much sodding work to do!

Well, exams finish mid/end of january, I'll be in touch and we'll go play in the sea sometime.

Digs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts