YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>There seems to be a good sprinkling of London / Essex YD'ers, and as suggested a little while ago could be a good excuse to meet up and have a couple of beers and a curry or chinese or anything!

Suggesting Friday April 23rd in the City if anyones up for it? Alternative dates can be arranged.

All the best,

Ian

·
Registered
519 Posts
Imported post

Can't make Friday as the better half is already out.

Ian, where abouts do you work?  I am always up for a quick lunchtime beer anywhere near Liverpool Street or the surrounding areas or anywhere that sells beer really

Mark

·
Registered
424 Posts
Imported post

Generally up for it, Liverpool street also sounds good, but no can do Friday 23rd. Thursday 29th?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>I'd be up for that, but it would have to be after pay day (been an expensive month already!) which is the last working day of the month!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Mark - I work in St Katherines Dock, but will be popping into Fish in the City at lunchtime today to look at a new reel and some bungee if you are in there. Lunchtimes is a bit dodgy as my line manager is a bit of a **** and insists on 59minutes 59 seconds for lunch with no exceptions!  
but could make a swift one sometime soon!

Bunny - Thur 29th sounds good but Kate can't make that I believe, but if she could have her arm twisted.....?? Very close to pay day

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exnavyboy @ April 15 2004,08:19)]Thur 29th sounds good but Kate can't make that I believe, but if she could have her arm twisted.....?? Very close to pay day
<font color='#736AFF'>I'll have to have a quiet word with the other half, he might slip me a few pennies if I'm nice!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate @ April 15 2004,08:39)]I'll have to have a quiet word with the other half, he might slip me a few pennies if I'm nice!
<font color='#000080'>Good girl! You could bring him along and feign that your forgot your bag, he would then pay and you won't even have to ask  

Invitation is open to partners also.

So, everyone ok with the Thursday April 29th then?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Location

Not sure where everyone knows in the City and my knowledge of the Liv St end is not great. But I do know the Market Trader in Middlesex Street, is that an ok place to meet up?
Other suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exnavyboy @ April 15 2004,08:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kate @ April 15 2004,08:39)]I'll have to have a quiet word with the other half, he might slip me a few pennies if I'm nice!
Good girl! You could bring him along and feign that your forgot your bag, he would then pay and you won't even have to ask  

Invitation is open to partners also.

So, everyone ok with the Thursday April 29th then?
<font color='#736AFF'>I'll ask, but is highly unlikely he'll come (good idea about the "Ooo, I forgot my purse" though) he's not really that interested in my diving or the friends I make, which is fair enough (I'm not interested in his car obsession!!!! YAWN!!!!  
 )

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Market Trader in Middlesex Street, is that an ok place to meet up?
Where is the closest tude to there? I'm not going to be able to make it a really late one, I've got a long drive up to Manchester the nexy day  

·
Registered
424 Posts
Imported post

How about something a little closer to the station for those that are coming from outside the City.. suggestions:

The Railway Tavern (bang opposite station entrance)
The George (the pub that's part of the Great Eastern)

or if we go the winebar-y route,
Pitcher and Piano (1 minute walk from station)

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

Would also be game for meeting up - but am not in the City that day.

Tend to come up to town a day or so a week to visit our HQ. You'll know me as the boy up from the country wearing brown shoes and staring up at all the tall buildings  

Give me enough notice if there is a "reunion" after the inaugural event and I am sure I can manage my diary accordingly.

Simon

·
Registered
236 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like a plan to me, work in Holborn but travel through Liv. St to get home, so no problems there.

Look forward to meeting you all on the 29th.

Pitcher and Piano sounds like a good place to meet as well.

Andy

·
Registered
424 Posts
Imported post

Ok, so we have Thursday April 29th, Pitcher and Piano Bishopsgate (1 minute walk from Liverpool Street station), 6pm onwards (?) and we'll recognise each other.. how? It's a big venue and will get v. crowded on a Thursday night. And no, I'm not wearing mask and snorkel! Suggestions?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts