YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi Guys,

I received this from Serena Kingsley who has started up her own 'Single Divers' network. They aim to hook-up for both UK and foreign dive trips. Any way, here's the skinny and Serena's email addy:

[email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Single Divers Newsletter#1

Hello everyone!Well it’s been an interesting week!My original concept of finding 6-8 people to go on a diving holiday with has evolved……….We now have 48 members from all over the country – indeed all over the world!I’m happy to take this as far as people want it to go, but please do get involved. This will only be as good as WE make it.

Qualification for Membership

Well none really, just like the name suggests, single and a diver.  Some of you are married, and that’s fine, just so long as your partner doesn’t dive.  There’ll be no fees, and any holidays you book should be paid directly to the tour operator/agent.

Dive Show Meeting

As most of you know, the meet is on Saturday March 1st at 1.00pm at the BSAC stand. Here’s a link to the website where you’ll find directions and can purchase tickets a bit cheaper than on the door. http://www.diveshows.co.uk/ You won’t have any difficulty in finding me as I’m 6ft tall, blonde and will be wearing/carrying a long red coat. Just come up and say ‘Hi’.
PS: Alice [email protected] is looking for a lift to the show from Surrey.

Holidays

The best way to arrange this is for each of you to mail me with the holiday you want to go on, and the kind of people you’d like to go with. I will then collate the info and put the results in the next newsletter.

Some have already told me:

Dominique [email protected] is looking to take a week, or long weekend 15th Feb – 1st March. Any one up for that?

Robert [email protected] is off on the 14th  of this month to Thailand for 10 days on a live aboard trip up to the Simulan Island and onto the Burma Banks.

Steve [email protected] has a week off 17th March, he just wants a diving holiday – doesn’t care where.

Steve [email protected] has week off in March

Steve [email protected] is looking for something April/May.

Steve [email protected] is going to Dahab April or May, and has booked a live aboard in the Red Sea in September, with his dive club.

That’s 4 Steves all looking for March/April – could get confusing!

Trevor [email protected] is off to Egypt on 28th March for a week, staying at Soma Bay.

Jeff [email protected] is planning to go diving in Bodrum, Turkey  probably around September time when the air and sea temps are still good.  His father works out there with a local diving school so he knows all the dives extremely well. Diving for 5 days works out at about £105 (10 dives). The nightlife is excellent too!

Matt [email protected] manages a dive centre on Gili Trawangan, Indonesia. He’s back here for a holiday in March, and he says he’s offering bargain packages including accommodation, at silly prices. Mail him for more info, prices and photos.

Just a thought – maybe some of us could meet up with Matt for a beer and to get the low down on diving in Indonesia. Where are you going to be when you’re back in England Matt?

Dave [email protected] is a divemaster working for a dive centre called Euro Divers in Zante, Greece. His dive centre caters for a lot of young, single people. Euro Divers is located in Laganas, Zante, which is fast becoming a major Med. clubbing resort town with a majority of young English
and Scandinavians. Check it out at www.eurodivers.nu . Additionally, they are looking for divemaster interns for the summer season (May to Oct). The way they work their internship is Euro Divers gives the dive education for free in return for the intern working for them for the summer. They pay accommodation for them and towards their food, so all it really costs them is a flight plus spending money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chat Room

Mark has set up a chat room for us on Narked follow this link:

http://www.narked.co.uk/cgi-bin/gtchat/chat.pl  

Just register, log in, and select single-buddies from the drop down menu. I’ll be in there this Sunday @ 2.00pm - if anyone would like to talk to me!

Community/Forum: We also have a discussion group where you can share your experiences, ask advice or post your fav pics, also courtesy of Mark.

http://www.narked.co.uk/Forum/

Post your holiday stories, crazy stuff, dive jokes, or any jokes really – let’s have a laugh!

UK Diving

Personally I haven’t dived in this country yet, but I’m building myself up for it in the summer! Here are those brave souls who expressed an interest in UK diving, why don’t you arrange to meet up in the chat room to schedule some diving?

Andrew [email protected]
John [email protected]
Maz [email protected]>
Jim [email protected]
Alvin [email protected]
Ted [email protected]
Mark m[email protected]
Ian [email protected]

And Finally…….

We do have some lasses amongst our numbers but none who want to dive in the UK. (You know what wimps we girlies are!) Could really do with some more though cos the numbers are definitely unbalanced at the moment. So please spread the word at your dive clubs……., friends, work etc. The more members we have, the more chances of getting groups together.

It would be great if we can keep the ball rolling with lots of contact, activities etc. If you see a holiday you’d like to take (especially a bargain) let me know all the details and let’s see if we can get our first group dive off the ground and under the water!

For the UK dives maybe you can look at arranging a weekend somewhere, let me know a destination, a cheap hotel, and dive arrangements/costs and I’ll pass them on in the next newsletter.

Thank you all for your interest, especially to our international buddies. We’d love to hear all about the diving in your locations – and maybe you’d like to be our guide on a group holiday.

Special thanks to Mark for putting so much work in getting our chat room and forum set up.

I look forward to seeing you at the dive show, chatting on line, and most of all to diving with you all!! …… Serena

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Great idea Serena

I'm not one of those wimpy girlies.  I went diving at Capernwray on 22 December 2002 and 22 Feb this year.  Both days were great, not too cold at all.  Haven't got a regular buddy at the mo, mine has had an accident and fractured her hand.

Good practice for a novice dry suit diver like me!!  Only felt the cold in my hands, as I've only got neoprene gloves, dry ones a must, and soon.   :snorkel:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Are you single though Carol:gorgeous:. I think thats the point. If you are perhaps we could meet up for a :Kissy: and :cuddles:, or if you're more inclined a :spank:    ,or if it's really my lucky day a :shocked::whip:. You never know, you might end up my eternal:flame:.

:eek:uttahere:
Peter

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Nice one Peter, cheered me up with that.

I reckon you deserve those five balls for all that.

And yes, I am - single

Cheers again mate  :Kissy:

(sorry - not into :spank: or :whip:)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

........yet..........!  ;)

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

No Carol not nuts, just little balls:wink:

Peter

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Only little ones, never mind  :pftroest:

At least you've got 4  :wink:

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

This time, maybe..........

YEESSSSS!!!!:cheering: :dance:

(Edited by angleseydiver at 11:59 pm on Feb. 25, 2003)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

Carol.

Of course us Guys are happy with what we got, we never.............

Ooooooo look at that shiney thingey gadget over there, I want one of those...... whats it do ?

sorry what was I saying..?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mark

I think you were saying:

Ooooooo look at that shiney thingey gadget over there, I want one of those...... whats it do ?

:ne_nau:  Must be a guy thing

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Peter
read it properly, you can be married to join the singles dive group just that the spouse isnt a diver, so that lets me in, bugger I've got Adam, now where's that O ring removing tool gone. I'm happy with my balls!
Matt

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Well, at least one guys happy with what he's got.

I just know this asking for it, but here goes - how do you get your balls?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Oh dear someone has to so it might as well be me. The more you post the bigger they get and then as if by magic they split and become multiple balls. Although I have a suspicion Peter is beeing held back by something or someone, a conspiracy theory?
As for a guy thing we'd probably say yes ts a whizzbang oojuma flip that passes 2500 ltr of air per min at max in 15c, ladies would say its blue and matches my suit/bcd perfectly!
Matt

(Edited by MATTBIN at 11:58 am on Feb. 26, 2003)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Jeez, you mean I'm gonna get multiple balls!! :shocked:

Hey Matt, I'd rather have a whizzbang oojuma flip thingummy jig, than colour code my kit.  :yelclap:

And I think I agree, there is a conspiracy stopping Peter getting his 5 balls.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

I've got 5 little red balls!  ha ha ha ha!!  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

As Baldrick would say "I have a cunning plan my lord". I'll creep up behind Gav in a dark lane at Lochaline and pickpocket him for one of his little balls. He doesn't need them anyway(or so Fiona told me):wink:

Peter
Oh and Matt Binbag. I had read the post. That was a discrete way of finding out if Carol was single or not. Have you never seen a Scotsman being subtle before? Come to think of it, neither have I!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts