YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, long time since I've created a new thread but thats winter hibernation for you! I am looking to buy a new camera, a mate at work has recommended the Fuji F30 to me, it looks good as it is a small size for when not diving. But I am struggling to find out about its performanc under the water (with housing of course).

Does anyone have any experiance of this, allcomments and suggestions are welcome. I just want to be able to show people the nice things underwater.

Reactions: HelenP

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
I've seen results from the F30 and they are very good, I use an F10 and have had excellent results, the F30 is a progression and should be therefore better. As far as compacts go this is one of the better ones.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
just got one myself, hopefully using it this weekend if there is any vis, will let you know
steve let me know as well as i was looking at one of these with the houseing too !
did u buy yours local or was it on the net ?

best wishes leigh

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Does anyone have any experiance of this, allcomments and suggestions are welcome. I just want to be able to show people the nice things underwater.
There has been quite a bit of discussion about the F30 here Digigreen and also some photos posted. If you check out HelenP both here and on DG she has one.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
There has been quite a bit of discussion about the F30 here Digigreen and also some photos posted. If you check out HelenP both here and on DG she has one.
some very nice pictures there mate ! although for the life of me cant rember where i saw that deal for both the f30 and the 40m rated housing for £275 unless someone else has seen it cheaper

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi,

I've got a F30. I really like it. It's nice and compact even in its housing so doesnt get in the way . Really easy to use underwater, especially switching between macro and normal mode just at the push of one button. Quite a good video mode for a compact cmaera as well. You can see some photos taken with it here
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/HelenPwales/Diving%20-%20Lanzarote/ and here
http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/HelenPwales/Diving%20-%20freshwater/

If you've got any specific questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. I got mine from here
http://www.greatdigitaldeals.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=52&products_id=710

HTH
Helen

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Yeah, love my F30. Not had it long, only used it for a few dives so far, and i'm definitely not the best photographer in the world ever!

However, very pleased with some of the stuff that comes out of it. Quick samples below if you want to have a look at a full size version of what you can get out of the camera. Very good at very-close-up macro shots, and a long-distance-in-murky-water shot too, just for comparison. Obviously not brilliant that one, but not bad and much better than i've seen from other cameras. One big advantage is the sensor is very sensitive, so you can have short shutter times (and so not blurry) while still getting enough light in to not need a flash for a lot of pictures.

Incidentally, most of the close ups came out in focus first time, camera seems to manage that very well - much better than some others i've played with.

Crabs - Macro
Starfish - Macro
Wreck - Long Range
Fishy Thing - Close Up

David

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
wow !!! some realy nice pics there ladies and gents very nice indeed !
further compounds what other people say about this camera!
that its a nice camera to use !
best wishes leigh :teeth:

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
I've recently bought one of these and used it for the first time on Sunday in the Farnes and got some really good results considering its the first time I've ever used it.

I bought all my kit from Amazon.co.uk, camera, housing, 1gb card and soft Lowepro case all for £270.

I was speaking to Wooflad on the boat on Sunday and he's also got the same gear, but his missus bought him the dedicated strobe. Sadly he claims it isn't that good so before you splash out £150+ for the strobe, see who's got one and see some results.

The camera's great.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you to everyone who has posted a reply here about this camera, especially those of you who have posted some pictures (which are all great BTW). I think I have been swayed to purchase this now, unfortunately I cannot get the camera and housing at the same time (too expensive) but I will be sure to buy it for when I next do some decent diving and post the pictures on the forum somewhere.

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts