YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full nikonos camera system for sale.
kit includes:
20mm w/a lens
28mm w/a lens
20/28 mm view finder
35mm lens
2 strobes including sync cables
a couple of base plates and other spares.
all kit regularly serviced.
retail value around 4 to 5 grand.
I am looking for around £1200.00 ono
if you are interested then email me or send a private message.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I know that we aren't supposed to comment on prices, but I think you are going to be very lucky to get what you want at that price.

I have just done a search on Ebay and the completed items list gives a price far less than that, even for all the bits added up. In addition, the price of compacts with housings (and immediate image feedback) go for far less than that.

Good luck with the sale and hope you get what you want but just passing on some information.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I know that we aren't supposed to comment on prices, but I think you are going to be very lucky to get what you want at that price.

I have just done a search on Ebay and the completed items list gives a price far less than that, even for all the bits added up. In addition, the price of compacts with housings (and immediate image feedback) go for far less than that.

Good luck with the sale and hope you get what you want but just passing on some information.
Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with you. A mate of mine has a Nikonos V system with 15mm wide angle lens, close up lens and a YS90 strobe and he's struggling to sell it for £500! The buyer would be better off offering the camera system on something like Digigreen or Wetpixel where he may well find someone who's already invested in Nikonos gear and wants to buy the kit as spares...

·
"Right, done the pool stuff, what's next.........?
483 Posts
I have a full nikonos camera system for sale.
kit includes:
20mm w/a lens
28mm w/a lens
20/28 mm view finder
35mm lens
2 strobes including sync cables
a couple of base plates and other spares.
all kit regularly serviced.
retail value around 4 to 5 grand.
I am looking for around £1200.00 ono
if you are interested then email me or send a private message.
So in light of the recent posts how much is it going for?:)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Having both bought and sold a lot of Nikonos stuff on e-bay, I have a very good idea of what this equipment is worth. The following is what I would expect to get, or pay, at the most:
Nikkor 20 mm lens £150 if it's perfect (considerably less if it's Sea & Sea's lens)
28 mm lens £60 (I've bought two, both in perfect condition, for £35 each!)
35 mm lens £20 (I only got £15 each for the last two I listed on e-bay)
Dual YS-50 TTL/N strobes with diffusers, dual base-plate, two arms and dual sync adapter £200 (I currently have this set-up on offer on e-bay at a starting price of £165). If the strobes are Nikonos SB-105, you might get £300 for the strobes and hardware.
Total price for these items thus £400-500. Sad but that's reality in this digital age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts