YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All,

So I'm off on hols on Wed evening - 2 1/2 weeks in Koh Samui and decided that it might be nice to take some photos, especially as my daughter (newly qulaified BSAC Ocean Diver) will be diving too.

So with plenty of time in hand (!!) and my usual advance planning, what do I buy?
 I don't want to buy now and have to upgrade in a year.

Digital looks easy to use and no film to waste but a good basic packge seems to be about 600 - 700 quid (eg Oly 5050+housing), and then there's this shutter delay that I've heard about - kids and fish won't stay still.  Housed digital SLR looks nice but Christ have you seen the price.

On the other hand I can get an MMIIex+strobe for well under 500 quid, and I even know where to get a brand new Nik V + lens + strobe for 520.  That would get rid of the shutter delay but what about framing, focusing and the amount of film?

So what about a housed SLR (full rig 2nd hand for 1300)?  God I I wish I hadn't started this.

I think that indecision is the reason that I've not bought a camera so far.

Any advice and opinions greatfully received - and toss a coin isn't helpful as I've told my better half on more that one occasion.

Confused?  I am.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

how about one of these to get you started at only £18.  i got one before i went digi and had some great results.
vivitar underwater camera

hth
andy

ps if you cant get one in time and wanna try one you are welcome to borrow my cheapie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts