YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just wanted to say a big thank you to Camera Underwater - and Liz in particular.

We have an Olympus Mju400 with PT016 Housing, and whilst diving in Cypris last September I lost the Lens Cover for the housing - which protects the screw threads for the various add on lens kits.

Despite several emails to Olympus, and visits to various camera stores, a replacement could not be found.

At the Birmingham Dive Show I mentioned this to Liz, and lo and behold today arrived - FOC - a replacement lens cap.

I know how hard these are to get - and after all this time had given up - but Cameras Underwater came through.

Once again, a big thank you to them - they have secured my orders for my filters etc that are my next purchase

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

Seconded.

When I got my Mju and housing, I was going on holiday and wanted to get a couple of spare of O-rings.

I called Olympus (in Germany I think!) and they had no I dea what I was talking about.

One quick call to Cameras Underwater and I had two spare O-rings.

Fast and friendly.

Dom

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thirded!

i have in the past purchased equipment from cameras underwater and would recomend them to anyone.

good advice! good product! good price!

and they even offer a good aftersale's service.

twas a pleasure to do business with them.

so much so.... i wouldnt look anywhere else to buy an underwater package.

regard's

mark

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Must just be me then, I spoke to them at the dive show, they had sold out of the camera and housing I was after.  I phoned them on the Monday to see if they would honour their show price.  I was told someone would phone me back as they were expecting some new stock in.  Over 3 weeks later they did phone back but by then I had bought one from somewhere else.  

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Sorry, have to agree with Fiona. Got a complete video system from CU and have been totally disapointed with it, so much so went and got another system from somewhere else and had to pay two fortunes instead of one. First system I had from them flooded on first dive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts