YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Winding up the precious since 2009
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me and my buddy are in Munich on the way to Croatia to dive, he needs to do the last 2 dives of his OW course, friends (who we are visiting) sister is an OWSI who until recently was working as a instructor and we are off to see her for her birthday in Switzerland (where she lives). Of course it's entrely pssible that she is too busy/dosn't want to which is cool we wil just get it done in Croatia as we were already planning, if not and if PADI allows it, I'd certainly not mind doing a couple of dives in Switzerland, why not?

·
team wibble
400 Posts
the only thing that your friend will need to see is a copy of the green training completion that the dive centre that was doing the training will have this shows to the certifying instructor what she has and has not completed so you will need a copy of this.

cheers john

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There should be a training record form in the initial logbook which has to be signed off by the authorising instructors for each classroom, pool and open water session.

Padi state that the receiving instructor should satisfy themselves that the work has been done.

To be honest, the logbook is a direct lift of the green form in anycase. I guess the alternative would be a referral form which is downloadable from the PADI website.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
the only thing that your friend will need to see is a copy of the green training completion that the dive centre that was doing the training will have this shows to the certifying instructor what she has and has not completed so you will need a copy of this.

cheers john
no - if it was all signed off in the log book, that is fine.

·
Sews all his PADI patches on to his banana hammock
586 Posts
...and of course as long as she's in teaching status (paid her PADI fees) and has liability insurance (which has been logged with PADI) then yes she can sign you off once you've completed all the course requirements. You can check any Instructors status if you know their Pro number here: - PADI Pro Chek

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
...and of course as long as she's in teaching status (paid her PADI fees) and has liability insurance (which has been logged with PADI) then yes she can sign you off once you've completed all the course requirements. You can check any Instructors status if you know their Pro number here: - PADI Pro Chek
Is the liability insurance a requirment everywhere now? Originally, PADI International only wanted it in the UK.

(although it does make absolute sense to have it, I just wasn't certain it is a PADI requirment anywhere other than the UK)

·
Sews all his PADI patches on to his banana hammock
586 Posts
Oh yes.. he's diving in Croatia which I presume would come under PADI Europe. I'm not sure about Europe, but I suppose in that case if its not a requirement then both boxes would be green ticks to say they're in teaching status.

·
Registered
100 Posts
PADI Europe

If you come under PADI-Europe then you will have liability insurance. This has been the case for a number of years now.

The UK and PADI International only moved over to requiring this in the last couple of years ....if memory serves...??

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
If you come under PADI-Europe then you will have liability insurance. This has been the case for a number of years now.

The UK and PADI International only moved over to requiring this in the last couple of years ....if memory serves...??
Ah - we were later, not earlier than others . I can't remember when it was, but it must ahve been after 2004 when we started needing it, as that is when i got my OWSI.

·
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well we did not manage to match our timetables and there was no PADI centre open in Croatia at the moment so we ended up in a TDI/SDI one. Luckily there is about 12 PADI insturctors and course directors (including one who has certified over 5000 PADI proffesionals) learning how to be Tech Instuctors here so we should be able to get one of them to sign him off, hopefully all is good.

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
can you post a link to the shop please

·
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As I understood it the CD's were teaching the instructors to teach the PADI Tech courses, they were simply basing themselves out of Issa.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.