YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, in brief. i pay one lot of Membership to BSAC and membership fees to 2 seperate clubs.

The BSAC website should have all the rules and regs for more details

HTH

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
As many as you like Roy. Now sign up for ours :D

Chris

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Roy mate, joining DUE dont count as 2 clubs as we have no fees and only 2 rules ;)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Roy mate, joining DUE dont count as 2 clubs as we have no fees and only 2 rules ;)
Rule 1, don't call the DO Baloo ;)

What's the second one? :)

Safe diving,
Steve

Reactions: Jules

·
old time
6,658 Posts
many thanks in advance
Join BSAC DIRECT and join as many clubs as you like ,,,,,,

or

Now that your a Dive Leader

1.) Just be a branch / diving member .
2.) Just go diving but have serperate dive insurance.

WHY ? do you want to join another club ?

Some are not cracked up to be what other may state , personally I have found the best ones to be of a couple of handfuls of people.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Reactions: Nath

·
Registered
431 Posts
well i am a member of 3 - one for social reasons, one to go diving at home and one to go diving in cornwall...

·
10,161 Posts
Rule 1, don't call the DO Baloo ;)

What's the second one? :)

Safe diving,
Steve
The 2 Rules of DUE are:-

1. You books you pays
2. Always return to the shot ;)

HTH :)

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Only the DO of the primary club can sign a qualification. Others can sign training.

Gary
Glad i read this thread. Situation in our club where some members have been drawn into joining a separate club with the promise of getting qualifications signed up. Some have been signed up by the other club DO despite us being the parent branch. Assuming the 12/06 BOH is up to date they cant actually do that.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Do you actually need to join 2 clubs. As a BSAC member surely you can just dive with other bsac clubs as a guest?

·
10,161 Posts
6 a year i think you will find.

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Dual Membership:

It is not unusual for very active divers to be members of more than one Branch. Their parent Branch shall be responsible for the collection of their BSAC membership subscription and the award of diving qualifications (Section 4.4.4). The parent Branch is identifiable from the prefix letter 'A' printed at the beginning of the membership number on a BSAC membership receipt. Other Branches a member belongs to are identifiable by the prefix 'B', 'C', etc on their respective BSAC membership receipts and will collect the Branch subscription only.

For Dual Members (Section 3.4.6) the authority lies with the Branch Diving Officer of their parent Branch. However, the parent Branch's Diving Officer may delegate this authority to another Branch diving officer. Such delegations should be recourded in the Branch committee Minutes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks
James

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you actually need to join 2 clubs. As a BSAC member surely you can just dive with other bsac clubs as a guest?
My reason for joining another club is they have nitrox and to get fills you need to be a member which i think is fair play. Our club does not.
I would also say meeting other people from other clubs i learn so much from them to help me be a better and safer diver which is pricless .

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts