YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS: Used Canon PowerShot A570 IS Camera & WP-DC12 Underwater Housing, 40m depth rating - ideal for Snorkelling or recreational Scuba-diving!

I originally selected this particular camera as it has a reputation for quality and ease of use - in addition, it offers full-manual control options if the user requires, and is one of the camera models heavily featured in literature for the PADI Underwater Photographer Specialty for Advanced Open Water students.

Following an upgrade, it's been replaced, so up for sale is the camera, housing, silica gel pouches, flash diffuser, lanyard (not suggested for in-water use), 1Gb Kingston memory card, USB cable, plus all the original multi-lingual software and manuals. The only things missing are the original boxes, as these were lost in a house move - so, two AA batteries are all you'd need to get started in underwater photography.

Please remember this is a used, second-hand item, and despite the fact that I have looked after it as best I could, there are a few superficial marks and scratches - but, nothing that would in any way hinder you from operating either the camera or the housing as it should be, or that would affect the image quality. As with any piece of scuba-related equipment, I would advise the new owner to give it a good clean and service before before taking the plunge!

As an avid Scuba-diver, I have taken this outfit to depths of 35m+ and it has never leaked or let me down in any way - in my opinion, without additional strobes, it is best suited to taking photos at shallower depths where the natural light is captured nicely... it's a camera perfectly suited to recreational divers who want to take still photos and video whether on holiday or in UK waters.

Please PM sensible offers. Item can be collected from Ripon, or postage can be arranged... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts