YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having a look at trying to fit another diving hol in late summer (subject to Mr. D's approval!) and seen some great land pics of this place and not yet over-run with tourists and wondered if anyone had dived here and what was it like?

Thanks in advance,

Mrs. D :plane:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Mrs D!

CV is still very quiet and undiscovered for the time being, there are only a few hotels with one dive centre, the average cost of as boat dive is 25 euros, not bad considering they have the monopoly! If you are after peace and quiet without the hustle and bustle of Sharm then this would be it!

Good luck convincing Mr. D!!!!

·
murofevideht
1,784 Posts
Went there a year or so ago, we went to Sal which is the most easily accessible island. Great place for watersports, the diving was good, sharks, turtles great visibility. We used the dive centre next to the pier, they were good but I would take your own kit if you can. The town is really nice, loads of places to eat. We made a point of not going to any of the four all inclusive hotels ( its basically one huge hotel split into four buildings), it was chavtastic and they were all moaning about the crappy beer and wine on the flight on the way home!

I would go back for a week again for beach holiday, one of the other islands looked really interesting, very mountainous and lush unlike Sal, might he's worth a look.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, contrasting views but both interesting. Sounds like the diving could be nice as long as we steer clear of the AI resorts!

Thanks, will look further into it and at 25E a dive, not too bad really!

Thanks again,

Mrs. D.

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Hello Mrs D!

CV is still very quiet and undiscovered for the time being, there are only a few hotels with one dive centre, the average cost of as boat dive is 25 euros, not bad considering they have the monopoly! If you are after peace and quiet without the hustle and bustle of Sharm then this would be it!

Good luck convincing Mr. D!!!!
When did you last go? There's a lot more than one dive school in Sal. And whilst there aren't that many hotels, the place was one big building site for tourist villas/apartments.

I went with these guys Benvenuto nel website di Cabo Verde Diving
The two cavern dives in the north are the best ones.

Jason

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went to Boa vista in April, not a great deal on this island but very peaceful and quite.The diving season had only just started the week before we got there, we only managed to get out once(2 dives) due to high winds but later in the year that shouldnt be a problem. Diving was ok but done better. Try looking at Aruba relatively cheap and excellent diving

1 - 6 of 6 Posts