YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I have Saturday 29 Nov. in my diary for a trip to Capernwray to (hopefully) try out  a side-mount rig with Scoff (Brian Schofield?).  This coincides nicely with the GUE classes there.  Who else is planning to be there?

It would be good to meet up with a few of you.

I'm off to Mexico Sunday for 2 weeks and have a busy week after that so will be "out of touch" for a while. Hoping to see some of you at Capernwray on Sat 29 and maybe Sun 30 Nov too.

Bob

·
Registered
559 Posts
Imported post

I'll certainly be there on Saturday to see Scoff, it will be good to put a face to your typing fingers----see you then, I'll be pumping you hard for Mex info.

Enjoy, cheers, Malcolm.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (malcolm smith @ Nov. 07 2003,00:13)]see you then, I'll be pumping you hard for Mex info.
I'm sure Bob would rather you just asked him.  

Peter

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy441 @ Nov. 07 2003,21:40)]I may pop up if it's ok with you guys
Hi Andy,

I'm sure it will be OK with the guys. You might want to PM them just for safety. See you there.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Nov. 07 2003,22:33)]god dammit i need to learn to drive, and get a car....*sob sob*
<font color='#000F22'>yes maybe but then you have even less money to go diving with  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

my thoughts exactly.  I have the small bits n bobs i find on dives on my windowsill at work to remind me why i am at work - so i can afford to dive...  

·
Registered
559 Posts
Imported post

Andy, love your Jules quote, others you could have considered?

'I don't remember asking you a godamn thing!!!'

Or:

'Oh well, allow me to retort'-----

And from Vincent,

'You have to promise not to be offended'

----to the oh so lovely Mia-----swoon------I've watched that film too often.

Cheers Malcolm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

Will be at 'Crap and Pay' teaching that weekend.

Would love to meet up with some of the faces so that I can match the names.

Just look for the yellow vehicle resembling Thunderbird 4 and you should find me.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Well, I'd planned to pop down, and may well do yet, but one broken humeral head (the ball in my shoulder) seems to have wrapped up the end of the dive season for this little Digger. Damn.

I've got a first attempt at a harness that if I'm there people are welcome to try/play with.

Should be good to meet some of the elusive YDers and play with kit. Doesn't look like I'll be diving.

Digs.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

Just moving this thread to the top of the list.

Who else is going Saturday?

I'll definitely be there.

Bob

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Ho bob - might be there on sat so will seek you out and say hello

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Toying with the idea of coming now. It's a long drive, and I won't be diving, my shoulder is not fixed.

I might come with my attempt at a harness, but i's a long way to come and chat. See how I feel.

Is it free in Capernwray if I'm down to kick equipment around but not dive? If so, maybe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Imported post

Hello again, all.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. Must remember to be on my politist behaviour & make sure I'm wearing a clean vest, etc.

At the last count we had Bob Cooper, Malcolm Smith, Andy 441, Wet Lettuce as probables/ definites, plus possibles Bren Tierney & (lift-dependent) Porg, plus a non-diving Digger (if he feels up to it - and yes, they do allow non-divers in if you explain your situation).

The more the merrier.

I'll bring along a selection of gear we use down holes-in-the-grounds, with a selection of tanks (and hopefully two sidemount harnesses) so people can have a play, as well as a good natter.

Twelve o'clock parked up somewhere near to the changing portakabin (presuming nowt's changed too much since last winter)??? Is that okay with everyone.

I'll keep an eye open on here  all week in case things change.

Cheers

Scoff

(CDG - Northern Section QD)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

He he. Just hda a look at the Capernwray website to see where I'm going, and apparently they sell bottled bears in the cafe.

I'll have to go ask for one of those!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts