YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a decent size map of Capernwray by any chance? The one on their website is titchy and hasn't got any bearings on it.

Going up there this weekend to do some courses, so would be nice to see whats about beforehand.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Anyone got a decent size map of Capernwray by any chance? The one on their website is titchy and hasn't got any bearings on it.

Going up there this weekend to do some courses, so would be nice to see whats about beforehand.
Stewbie,
They have maps with all the details in the shop on site, I think u can get laminated ones as well.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Stewbie,
They have maps with all the details in the shop on site, I think u can get laminated ones as well.
Yes they do. but the laminated ones dont last very long either:)

the bearings are all wrong though as when i use them I never find what I am supposed to :) :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
The one in the shop is an updated one like this. There are far more attractions and bearings marked these days. Once I learned how to use my compass and follow a bearing I found that the bearings are good.
The bearings are from buoyed line to buoyed line so you need to make sure you are at the line when you start off.

If you use the laminated one underwater it leaks.
They now have a disclaimer in the shop saying not for underwater use.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
The bearings are from buoyed line to buoyed line so you need to make sure you are at the line when you start off.
Indeed. Or the mid point between the buoys if there are two.:)

They now have a disclaimer in the shop saying not for underwater use.
Before I memorized them I use to jot the appropriate bearings onto a slate. A mate made some laminated half sized ones for emergencies which leaked worse than the shop ones.

I haven't been to Capernwray for months now. According to a mate (it's a different one because I have two... really ;)) you'll need a compass and bearings to find anything as it is like diving in milk on Sundays.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.