YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi all,

Any of you lot going to be at Capernwray this Sunday 16th (or next - 23rd).... am going to be up there doing my Rescue course, which should be fun.

Any bright ideas what the water temp is like up there at the mo?  (You have to understand - I'm just a soft southerner...
)

Hels

·
Registered
559 Posts
Imported post

Hi Helen, water temp in Crummock water tonight was 9-10 degrees, I guess Capernwray will be similar.
40 minute dive and it was fine, it was only the post dive wind chill that was cold. Pike, perch, eels and trout----better than watching telly!
Have a good time on your course, Cheers, Malcolm.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hay Hellen if your rescue corse is any thing like the one I'm doing then you ain't gona have time to wory about fish cold or anything else.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Malcolm I saw your post and just about died of fear and trepidation (told you I was soft)!!!... So, in an effort to go for the 'Solution based thinking' my rescue course keeps wittering on about I bought a Weezle before heading up to Capernwray.  (ahh yes, the excuses we make to justify these things to ourselves) Bloody marvellous thing.  Was toasty as can be.... apart from the bit of the course where I snorkelled out to tow someone in, and didn't have a hood or gloves on (thought I wouldn't need them for the two mins I would be in the water).  Felt like I had a vise around my skull.  Not good... won't be making that mistake again this winter!!!
Great course though....
Hels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts