YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi,

Driftwood and I took a drive down to Capernwray today (8-2-04. Arrived at 10 to find the place packed out. Double parking was the order of the morning. After finding mr Hayhurst, we assembled Driftwoods wing and went in. Very very Murky. Some clear bits but lots of swiming round in circles. After the scrum of the cafateria we returned to ther water for more. Nice day for it shame it was packed out. Serve me right for not going to some nice deserted loch.

Hello to Dave King, and anyone else who was there.

Dave C

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I went to Capers today with a colleague from work. I much prefer the place in the middle of the week as there were only about 20 people there all day. (Almost all of them cops on their day off!)

It sounds odd to say it for a trip to Capernwray, but it was a fantastic day's diving. Not because of the place - which I've been to far too often, but because there was a whole catalogue of things which could have gone wrong, and none of it did.

Since my last dive I've had a persistent leak in my suit repaired (for the second time), bought a new computer (an air integrated Aladin Air Z Nitrox), fitted a moulded mouthpiece to my reg, swapped my reg and octopus casings and diaphragms around, changed my suit and wing inflator hoses and re-routed them and bought a new SPG and depth gauge and a new wrist compass.

Lots of new kit, any bit of which could have gone wrong and also having to change my kitting up routine because lots of stuff was going somewhere new.

Everything worked perfectly. The new computer is the dog's, the hose routing worked a dream and I had my first bone dry dive in two years. Fantastic!

The day could have ended there, but didn't. For some time I've been diving with the same amount of weight that I'd first trained with. I've changed so much of my equipment since then but have never got round to doing a proper weight check. Finally did it today and managed to shed 4lb of lead. Result.

So, a perfect day of diving. And I got to meet fellower YDer, Balders, which just topped it off.

Next dive will be YD-stock. It just gets better and better and better . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts