YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All,

Josie and I are doing Anglesey with Mark Davies this Saturday. On the Saturday eve we'll be driving to (very near) Capernwray for a Sunday dive or two. I'm supposed to be meeting Steve Buccilli with a mate of his, around 10 ish. We'll be there first thing hopefully to get a good space (although never been there before
). If anyone else is planning on turning up, it would be great to say hello and see you in the flesh. I'm in a Black Citroen Xantia, P reg. Say hi if you see us.

Any suggestions on B&Bs near Capernwray would be great and even better if you live locally and want to chat over a few beers we'd love to hear from you.

Dave (and Josie) C  

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Bugger!

Why couldn't you choose the following weekend as I'm hopefully (despite a supreme cock up by my previous solicitor - money grabbing incompetant) moving house.

I stayed at "Chez Harris" - a quiet out of the way gaff, good pub but lacking on the meaty brekkie.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Drifty, you can't possibly get upset about missing Crap n Rainy, tell you what, if I'm not instructing the wekend of 13/14 Dec we'll do Abbs  (weather permitting) how's that me auld mukka

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Spot on!

Will prolly be sick of the sight of cardboard and emulsion by then!

Crampy? You fancy a shot of that? Gav?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

Dave

The Eagle's Head in Over Kellet (about a 5 minute drive to the quarry) offers nice meals, fine ales and nice accommodation with a hearty breakfast.

Telephone (01524) 732457.

Enjoy.

Kev

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Kev, Many thanks will give them a call, are you near Capernwray?

Drifty, Hmm?? Not sure what I'm doing on the sunday but booked up Saturday. We'll see what the weather hold eh?

Cheers Dave C,

·
Armchair diver and slummy mummy
592 Posts
Imported post

Drifty,

I guess you're using the same solicitors that we did when we moved last year!

Am looking forward to diving at Capernwray on Sunday - never dived an inland site...can't wait!!

Josie

·
Registered
45 Posts
Imported post

will be there any time after 9 30 as we stop for brekkers on the way will meet outside the dive shop at 10 if anybody wants to meet up and say hello. not sure of transport yet dave may be in the car or maybe a blue van as there are 3 of us coming now see you there

·
Armchair diver and slummy mummy
592 Posts
Imported post

Well, they call it "crapnrainy" or something similar! It was gorgeously sunny and absolutely fab vis. Great dive (apart from my dry suit leaking!).

We stayed in Carnforth at the County Hotel on Saturday night. Nice little hotel, with a bath!! Good for post-diving. Not having been to Crapnrainy before and didn't know about the great cafe/restaurant they have, so we asked the hotel to make us a packed lunch each, which was huge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts