YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Zip ties. Zip tie the key to the spare wheel.....

Sorry about the hassle - hope you had a nice hire car :D

Chris

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Zip ties. Zip tie the key to the spare wheel.....

Sorry about the hassle - hope you had a nice hire car :D

Chris
sort of defeats the object of having locking wheel nuts if the key is near a wheel ! In my dim and distant past this was the first place I would look :embarassed:

mine is in the car but impossible to find unless you know exactly where to look. even mr Chav wouldn't find it.

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
This happened to me recently too. Nutty old cow behind slashed one of my tires (she does lots of damage) anyway, moving on....

Changed the affected tire, and must of left the adaptor attached to the locking wheel nut (stressed see :embarassed: ). Went to get new tire, garage went to change, no adaptor!

4 garages, 1 week, and £60 later wheel nuts removed, another good bit of cash for some replacements. Stoopid Lloyd!

Good luck getting everything sorted!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's a reminder to MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR LOCKING WHEEL NUT KEYS ARE when you pick up your car after you have had your car serviced.

AARGH.
Mark

Thanks for the reminder. Just checked mine and found them under the seat. Should have been in the glove box thingy??? Wounder how they ended up there.

Going up to Scotland tomorrow so need them.

Once drove to Bath from York and stopped at Coventry for Petrol, discovered that I had left the petrol lock key at home. Had about a quarter tank left. Had to drive to Bath at 10 mph, and it took ages. Got overtaken by old ladies on pushbikes.

Maybe there is a moral, check everything before you go!

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts