YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
Hi all I had a fab trip down Swildons Hole on Monday 1st March. I  went down and did sumps 2 &3 on Air.  It is amazing what lies beyond the sumps- the cave changes and the polished rock disappears, as the route is used much less.I had been told quirky stories about the sumps, especially sump 3 so was a little respectfully nervous before entering. I sat and put on my led at the bucket before sump 2 and rigged up my 3lt bottle ,my mind was wondering what lay in the sump before me . Was it really that bad?. I then entered the sump nice and slowly with my tank and the guide line in hand, I gently pulled on the guide rope .There was not vis: in  sump 2 ,but my head mounted lights gave a nice white glow . I missed the bit of rock on which most people hit there heads , then popped up into the air bell ,gave 3 tugs on the line and my buddy followed .We then progressed though the air bell and duck on to sump 3. this sump was much deeper then 2 but more enjoyable We had good vis : on the way in and could see what lay inside the sump. I gently pulled at the guide rope and progressed through the sump. We then went on to have a look at sump 4 . The return journey was just as good. My mind turned to the quirky stories that had been told about sump 3 and discovered they were unfounded.looking froward to doing sumps 4 5 & 6  
Fiona.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Way too scary for me, this is the point I just wimp out and say "good on ya", sod that matcho bullsh*t. I stop when the light has faded for a few minuits or the passages get too tight for me to move freely. If you ever want to dive in crystal clear, high visibility, fresh and wide caverns/caves, then give me a shout. Until then - respect.

James

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Is that the same as Swildons Hollow somewhere near Bristol?
I did a couple of trips down as far as sump 2, really enjoyed it.
Must have been great to get as far as sump 4.

Please post when you get further in.

Cheers & safe caving.
Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
Hi Chris yes its the same one .I am looking forward to going back 2 weeks time as planning a trip to sump 5 or 6 I will let you know how it goes . if you are intersted in going through sump 2 on Air let me know as would be happy to do a trip with you .
Fiona.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts