YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TDI Trimix trained and used to own a pony
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Clare and I recently did a trip to Florida and I took some photos. Indian Springs is a fantastic cave - 45m odd for the first section and much of the upstream passage so it takes a little gear ;) and a bit of deco if you want a decent dive. We were getting run times of 2.5 - 3 hours in water but the water is 21 degrees so you don't really mind

It also requires a guide and several permission forms. WKPP diver Keith Gault was our buddy & guide and had previously taken Clare for a dive there so we owe Keith a thank you for such a stunning couple of dives.

The land owners (YMCA summer camp) were keen to get some pictures and Casey & Halcyon were happy to lend us a HMI to help light it, given the scale of cave it was needed! GLOC also lent a strobe which was mounted on Clare's doubles. Hope you like them.

Thanks
Al

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Great photos Al. Thank you.

·
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great photos Al. Thank you.
Thanks for the strobe too Gareth! Amazing how the scale of Indian sucked up all the light.

·
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely bloomin stunning pictures! I once met you Al (and Clare) at 40 fathom grott bags. you were doing your RB80 training.
Hi Johnny,

I remember that - middle of nowhere in February and a YD member appears!

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Superb shots Al - I was wondering how you got such even lighting, now I know. :)

Cheers, Chris

PS If you ever need strobes, I have a few Inons and remote triggers you could borrow. Obviously, I may need to send someone (me :)) along as security. :D

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
amazing pics... cant decide between number 3 or 6 as my favourite...

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts

Oh, come on everyone, whoever has 'shopped this one has not even bothered to remove the string in the foreground. Gerry Anderson was more convincing even when Jonathan Frakes was directing ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts