YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I had hoped to report on the TDI Cavern Course that Brett Henshaw and myself were to do with Martyn Farr last weekend, June 28-29. Unfortunately, Martyn had injured his back and Brett and I aim to do the course later this year.

However, my trip to the UK was not wasted.....Brett and I met up early Sat morning June 28 for a couple of dips at Stoney. Living abroad, this was my first dip there and I was quite impressed and jealous that you all have access to Stoney as, compared to the lakes I dive in in Luxembourg, it was heaven. It was good to meet up with Brett and have a chat also...so thanks a million for the dives.

Then, with the kind intervention of Seadart Bob, who arranged for me to take an odd place on the Swanage Diver RIB on Saturday July 5, I did my first dives at Swanage. Bob was such a great bloke and I spent a good deal of time chatting with him. It was great to dive in such good conditions, again compared to my regular diving haunts on the continent. Pete, the skipper of the Swanage Diver was a real character and thanks go to him for squeeting me in. The crowd I dived with were a good group and thanks to them for welcoming me as a stranger to their group. The dives were the Caratan and the Kiara...probably well known by many of you all.

I'll certainly be going back to Swanage, if only for the fish and chips.

Graham

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

I'm going to have to do the cavern course next spring (May/june) 2004. My "training buddy" who who was also planned is likely to squeeze it in this year but as I live abroad it's more difficult for me so is anyone interested in doing the course with me next year...min 2 people....South wales.

It'll give you enough time to get psyched up and to do the reading so please let me know so we can arrange/plan.

Course is over 2 days (Sat-Sun) and is about 300 notes...great B&B nearby with the best English/Welsh full b/fast at about 25 notes a night.

If you are interested..see the website and let me know.

http://www.farrworld.co.uk

Regards.

Graham

1 - 2 of 2 Posts