YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My laptop is whinging about some of windows critical files having been overwritten by earlier versions. It reckons that I should insert my service pack 2 disk so that the correct stuff can be reinstalled.

I cannot find the disk, think it may have been ditched in a clean up operation.

Does anyone out there have one I could use please?

Much obliged.

Lyv

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Hi,

My laptop is whinging about some of windows critical files having been overwritten by earlier versions. It reckons that I should insert my service pack 2 disk so that the correct stuff can be reinstalled.

I cannot find the disk, think it may have been ditched in a clean up operation.

Does anyone out there have one I could use please?

Much obliged.

Lyv
If you have access to the internet go onto the windows download site and download in directley on to your PC, from IE go to Tools then windows update

Sean

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
or just go into PC WORLD , and they will give you a free copy , which sits on the service desk.....
Indeed? I got the original cd from them but didn't think they would still have any, it being so long ago since they stocked them.

Serves me right for having a clean out. One of our fellow YDers is sending me a copy through snail mail. Cheers guys.

Lyv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.