YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mexico

Excellant shots there on Helens site:)
I am heading out to Mexico in November on honeymoon althought the other half has said a 2 day pass is possible :) Who would you recommend diving with in the Yucatan area? I will be looking to hire all gear as I am taking nothing with me.
Cheers in advance
Ricky

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are down near Tulum then xibalbadivecenter.com Robbie schmittner ( probably spelt wrong sorry) and Kim Davidson were very good, I found for cavern dives the hotel dive centre was great as most of the other guests where weird and not interested in the cenotes, so everytime I went there was just me and the guide. We could pick cenotes that were quiet, in fact ever time we dived we were the only divers in the water. Awesome, not a work I use lightly.

I am going back in Feb 2008, because my other half wants to see Chichen Itza, we did not get there last time.
My Tip if you have a non diving partner, if you want to visit a country more than once which has great diving, dont visit all the dry land attractions on the first visit!

The ruins at Tulum and Coba are well worth seeing.
Hope you have a lovely honeymoon
Gareth

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am heading out to Mexico in November on honeymoon althought the other half has said a 2 day pass is possible :) Who would you recommend diving with in the Yucatan area? I will be looking to hire all gear as I am taking nothing with me.
Cheers in advance
Ricky
I have just come back from the Yucatan. I don't know which bit of it you are visiting but I was in Riviera Maya and used Pro-Dive Mexico in Puerto Aventuras. One of their instructors, Luis, is a complete Cenote nut. I would wholeheartedly recommend them. In Puerto Aventuras marina there is another dive outfit, called "Aquanauts". Didn't dive with them myself, but people who did said they were good.

By the way, Cozumel is a must-dive location when you are out there... :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excellant shots there on Helens site:)
Cheers in advance
Ricky
We had a private guide (Van Carlos or something like that). He was great if you can get him, just took the 2 of us. Get him to take you to Chac Mool cenote near Tulum, it was great, but aside from that there might be a free digital camera somewhere in it for you!! (MINE!:sad: ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.