YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Costs a fortune to stay in a shack that is run down and mouldy in parts. Rules draconian and bizarre, swimming pool about the only good bit and that is rammed all the time. They know how to keep you in one place and rape your wallet.

Maybe I am not the right character for this kind of thing, but it is like the inner ring of hell, except you have to pay for the fire. Never, ever, ever again.

One more day to endure. Have started to dig a tunnel out just in case they try to keep me in till I spend some more..........

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
Costs a fortune to stay in a shack that is run down and mouldy in parts. Rules draconian and bizarre, swimming pool about the only good bit and that is rammed all the time. They know how to keep you in one place and rape your wallet.

Maybe I am not the right character for this kind of thing, but it is like the inner ring of hell, except you have to pay for the fire. Never, ever, ever again.

One more day to endure. Have started to dig a tunnel out just in case they try to keep me in till I spend some more..........
What did they charge?

·
Registered
96 Posts
We've used forest holidays a few times. It's owned by the forestry commission. Gorgeous cabins with hot tubs. If you go off season you can get one for £170 4 nights.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot. £800 for 3 nights, 4 adults 4 kids. Just not my thing at all. We paid less for 2 weeks in a cottage in cornwall that was in a lot better nick (no mould for a start!).

It also appears they are holding a chav convention at the moment. Nice. Might re-name my kids chardonnay and brooklyn just to fit in......

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
Unlucky, thanks for warning us. It's because of a similar experience I bought in to a Gold Crown timeshare to exchange for similar standard UK holidays years ago. More chance of being knighted than finding a decent one these days available for exchange during school holidays.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I did a weekend at Longleat a few years ago, and have never been there since. I was unimpressed by the cost, the chalet thing we were in was not great and the food choices were limited.

3 adults, 3 kids cost a lot, and I think we got better value for the week the same 6 of us had on a canal boat in the midlands last year.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
You could've taken the team to NDAC and stayed in the WigWams. No mould, no wallet raping, no bizarre rules, not too crowded and the pool's deeper

·
Is somewhere else!
4,728 Posts
I must say I was a little surprised to hear you were going to one.
Knowing you were booked already it didnt seem right to bad mouth the place.

I hope you all take photo's of the shiteness and complain, they do take feedback seriously - or rather, it does all get passed up the management chain/snake/convoluted overly beaurocratic organisational structure. I did say they are clients of mine didn't I?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We looked at doing one in the UK a few years ago but all full. Glad about that as we ended up on their Europe website and found a week in Netherlands was less than half the cost of the UK, for the same facilites and the travel made for a more interesting trip.

I have good memories of Centerparcs and for me it was a life-changing experience as that was where I did my PADI OW in 2005 whilst the family did ziplines and stuff :D
(now busy making up for the years of diving I should have been doing)

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
its the last bastion of butlins style holidays. you know the ones where fun isnt allowed at any cost and is policed by people in funny uniforms.

tbh anywhere thats advertised as an british resort or hotel or whatever has me running for elsewherre

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
its the last bastion of butlins style holidays. you know the ones where fun isnt allowed at any cost and is policed by people in funny uniforms.

tbh anywhere thats advertised as an british resort or hotel or whatever has me running for elsewherre
Ladies with tattoos most welcome lol.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
tbh i cant realy say owt.

sat at the PC in me boxers, drinking canned lager from the tin after a ready meal curry.

god i feel so chavy i feel the urge to buy a copy of the daily hate mail and the barely legal totty on sunday

·
Bon Jovi looked right at me
1,385 Posts
I went there when I was in primary school so a long time ago now - but loved it as a kid. Although I heard (watchdog) that in school holidays they mark their price up by 700%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A friend went last year and paid for a week with her and three other what you would pay for 10 days in the maldives on a decent livaboard - i think i'd rather do the latter

1 - 20 of 30 Posts