YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trouble re-Member-ing
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told today that the aircraft wreck in Stoney is actually a Partenavia P68.
Is this correct?

Paul

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
This from a pdf I have, sounds like you are given the correct story,

Bill

The Partenavia P68B “Victor” is less dived than many of the other features in Stoney cove due to its distance from the
entry points and its proximity in the west sliver of water. The result is generally better, less disturbed, visibility and
significantly less divers. The plane lies at the foot of a slate wall facing south. The tail fins are gone however the
wings are still in situ, drooping down to the quarry floor. It’s still possible to make out the registration letters on the
wing (IIRC) if you look closely; the original registration is G-LOUP and it had an accident on the 7th February 1993. It
is also easy to enter the open cockpit, either through the side entry door or the distinctive windows, where there is
little trace of the instruments or flight controls. This plane is often incorrectly referred to and identified as a Cessna,
however in reality has nothing to do with Cessna.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Me and Paul(Copperband) were on it on Sunday, was crystal clear the ambient light and the vis in that side of the quarry was fantastic.

·
Trouble re-Member-ing
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks endoman. That will please the guy who took one look at a murky photo and said "That's not a Cessna."
Paul

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Ah, but its easier to say shall we dive the Cessna, than shall we dive the Partenavia ? ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts