YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I have spotted a bit of chaffing on my harness.
When I first made the harness, I was looking on some websites and they recomend putting sleaves in the harness where it goes through the backplate.
Does anyone do this and what to use should I feel the need to do it.?

·
One Team One Dream
3,388 Posts
You can use a bicycle tyre inner tube cut into strips about 50mm long and thread over the webbing.

Its unfortunate but it will mean you have to strip the harness down

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
As the title says, I have spotted a bit of chaffing on my harness.
When I first made the harness, I was looking on some websites and they recomend putting sleaves in the harness where it goes through the backplate.
Does anyone do this and what to use should I feel the need to do it.?
Make sure the plate has been fully de-burred at the slots. There should not be any sharp edges, use a piece of cotton to check. If it catches, get the file out.

Its unfortunate but it will mean you have to strip the harness down
Not necessarily;)

If you place the inner tube on the waist belt close to the slots, you can then pull the webbing through the slot, as if loosening it. This will bring the inner tube with it. Repeat to get it through onto the shoulder strap and you are away:) It can be a struggle to get it over d-rings and retainers, but it does go.

Alternatively, if you are going to unthread the harness, mark it with tipp-ex where it goes through slots, retainers etc. This makes getting it all back in the right place afterwards a lot easier.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys. I only noticed it as I was copying my harness to thread another harness. Did not want to thread the new harness untill I get some sleaving for it.
(Can you get shocking pink inner tubes to match her harness?)

·
One Team One Dream
3,388 Posts
Cheers guys. I only noticed it as I was copying my harness to thread another harness. Did not want to thread the new harness untill I get some sleaving for it.
(Can you get shocking pink inner tubes to match her harness?)
Digger or Woz may be your best call

1 - 5 of 5 Posts