YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i am in the market looking for a new Double bladder wing.

i have a dive rite duel classic. with the transpack harness.

i have seen the new

northen diver sea harrier.

does anyone have one and if so is it as good as people say??

thanks

·
Strokier than a petting zoo
899 Posts
You'll get mixed opinion on this one. The sea harrier comes with bungeed double bladders, both zipped and removable, stainless back plate, loads of d rings, intergrated weight drop-pockets. Inflating and dumping air is relatively straightforward with good sized toggles on the dump and on the surface I find it holds me comfortably high. A signal horn is fitted as standard to the inflator. The waist belt is huge and will need trimming. The d rings on the ends of the shoulder strap adjustments hang ridiculously low when you've pulled them tight so either trim them or tuck them into your waist belt. You may also need to bungee the inflator to your shoulder strap as I used to constantly lose mine over my shoulder. I love mine but you'll get as many different opinions as there are members on other set-ups, but each to their own. I'm not about to tell you to go out and buy this as I think everyone's tastes are different and what suits my diving may not suit yours.

But isn't that half the fun of diving? ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that Silty.

at the moment every opinion is welcome.

we are not able to get this brand here in spain at the moment so the more advice the better.

if i decide to buy it will be a buy and that's it... no turning back, you know what i mean...

haw many dives have you done with it??

have you ever dived with a dive rite? if so does it compare?

is it as comfortable....????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.