YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.southcoastwreckdivers .co.uk
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the battery on my vr3. I have the plastic tool and have attempted to turn the screw anti clockwise. It has turned about quarter turn and is now refusing to move any further. Does it unscrew fully?,which direction? or prise off?? Please help.Diving tommorrow morning.

·
Now a Silent Warrior
1,447 Posts
Stick a long nose pliers in the holes instead of the plastic tool that will give you enough levarige to unscrew it.

G.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
You could always read the instructions :D
These are VR3 instructions we're talking about- not even a 9 year old DVD recorder programmer could follow them :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Once you finally get it off remove the plastic film (if any) around the new batt as this has caused the battery to bind in the housing and get a poor contact as the spring can't move the battery HTH
Neil

·
Retired depth-junkie, just a holiday scooby now
1,130 Posts
Just some advice, i could never unscrew mine with the little plastic tool. The tool prongs just kept bending and twisting.

My solution was to screw some nice solid screws (the same thickness as the battery cap holes and the same distance apart) in a small bit of 2x4 and jobs a good un. Easy to use and very quick at getting the battery cap off. The plastic Delta P ones is a waste of time, they just warp (they should have made them from metal)

ATB
Gareth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts