YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

One of our many finds at the bottom of the sound of Mull on sunday was a rather nice dive torch. And when we turned it on it even worked! However the previous owner selfishly didnt include a charger in with their gift so I need one to be able to use it.
The torch is a Princeton Tec one green and black plastic and looks like the ones you can buy on the web for about 130 quid. It has a nicad pack inside made by Hydrotech that looks like 8  C size cells bundled up together and it says "9.6 v 2800mA nicad battery, part number 8/P280C (writing then smudged) charge at 280mA for 14-16 hours. So the question is.... does anybody know where I can get a charger for this. I tried looking in the Radio Spares catalogue but there are a zillion different chargers and you cant see the connector. Does anyone have one of these torches or know if Princeton Tec have a Uk agent or anything else to help me get hold of a charger.
Anyone claiming to have the right charger because they lost a torch like this in the sound of Mull will be required to prove it!

Jules

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Julia

Simplyscuba deal in Princetown a quick search should get you their online shop.

I lost a Princetown this season but i don't think the currents around the coast are strong enough to have shifted it from HMT Othello 2 off Dover up to the Sound of Mull.

Safe Diving

Paul

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Julia
Princeton Tec were imported fron the dive shop at Stoney Cove not sure if that still is the case!! perhaps someone can clarify. When i've dealt with the importer in the past they are very helpfull. e mail address( U.S) [email protected] Should be able to confirm main importer UK who should be able to point you to nearest dealer.

I'm still in the process of putting mine back up and running after Mulls drenching. I wondered if one of the UK ( underwater kinetics) Chargers would be suitable? But each charger seems different for each model.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Don't you people read Diver ?  
 According to an ad in the September issue (page 36), the UK agent is Hydrotech, Sapcote Rd, Stoney Stanton, Leicestershire LE9 4DW, tel. 01455 274106. It sounds like the torch you found is the Shockwave Rechargeable, Jules.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Cool, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts