YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi

I'm thinking about finidng a boat for the weekend for my club to charter diving some wrecks in the Clyde.  Last time we dive here we used the rib Red Dwarf.

Does anybody have any recommendations (we may need to hire tanks and weights as a number will probably fly up from London.

Thanks

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>There are two options:-

One is Jim Queen's excellent Spinaway Isle, a 67ft converted Fishing boat. On board gas/nitrox and great soup!

Second is Elaine's boat  - the MV Clutha a big steel hulled beastie on board air.

Both are very good and either might be able to get weights and tanks for you.

Jim's site is http://www.clydedivingcentre.com/

Elaine's is http://www.clyde-diving.co.uk/

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I have also used Clyde Diving Charters, we used them last year but I suspect you would need your own kit.

A few years ago use used C & C marine, CCmarine.co.uk  Can't remeber his name but this was a RIB rather than a hard boat, did the wrecks in the clyde and came back in for lunch, nice marina complex with shops and dive shop, cylinder fills in his dive shop so I would think you could hire equipment from him.  I remember him being a good skipper and very friendly.  However it wa Easter and blooming cold, think it might even be snowing at the time, but we did have a good weekend

Fiona

·
The King Of The Divan
1,848 Posts
Imported post

and forgot to say that the shot for my avatar was taken on the Clutha during a lunch break.

The seagulls were quite happy to take bits of Ginsters ("Ginsters, hmmmm" in a Homer styleee) off my hat.

Snash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks for all your help.  

I've booked Spinaway Isle for 1/2 May (although there will probably be some spare places if anyone fancies joining us).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts