YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

I have just been speaking to a friend of mine, Graham Harrison. He has a large 8m RIB that he charters for dive trips around the Farnes, (or anywhere else for that matter) and is licensed to carry 12 people, but prefers about ten. He said they had 7m viz at the Farnes last week. He also said that he is not booked up for Easter yet, if anyone is interested. Graham knows the Farnes very well and would be much better than hiring a local hard boat, because his craft is 8m in length, has a cabin, twin 125hp outboards and can get there and back very quickly. He thinks the weather may be better at the Farnes this year than it has been for the past 5 or 6, just by the way it has been recently. He will take you to places that the charter boats from Seahouses don't go to, too.
Anyone interested can drop me an e-mail and I will pass his contact number.
[email protected]

Cheers Ron

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>So of the five or six that were interested before (Me , liz Paul B + 1, Dave and poss Mark W) who's still interested? any more for any more??
Chee-az
Steve

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

When are you thinking of, weekend or mid week?
I could be persuaded (just a little)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>THe very very rough plan was one day over the easter BH weekend which is 18th-21st April

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Damn, gimmie a different weekend and I'd be there! (Un)Fortunately I'll be in the Summer Isles diving for four solid days and anything up to four dives a day....

Plus the B&B is within spitting distance of the slip we're using....

Well have fun, put me down for the next though! (Dates permitting)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, will call "da man" the morra like (sunday) to find out the score, any other takers?

Chee-az
Steve

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Imported post

If you can do it for the Bank Holiday Monday. Put me down for 2 places a my regular buddy whant's to come as well.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Lou and I are still up for this one!

Available in theory any of the 4 days Easter bank holiday, sat, sun or mon would be better though (getting back from Malta on thursday late in evening).

Cheers

Paul

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Sorry, Just been warned 'am working Saturday at Football and Sunday at Rugby and can't get out of them

And I hate football.
Maybe next time?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK Crunch time!

Boat is[/B] available , with 8-10 divers should be £25-28 per diver for the day (boat is apparently ~£300 for the day but the maths don't seem to translate precisely). Skipper says he usually asks for 50% deposit cheque, so that is the
As it's a RIB there's no head (ie no loo on board), no real priority

problem for the guys, but for any girls the skipper will land at one of the islands for this. The islands are 6 miles out from the mainland so we won't be popping back for lunch or for spare parts etc, so all kit needs to be thoruoghly checked for probs

You'll need either a twinset or to take two tanks, Graeme said he can supply tanks (he said inclusive of price , but I'd have to double check that to be sure)

So, if people are deffo on this, mail me at [email protected] and I'll mail you my home address and you can mail me your deposit, (£15)
Max is 10 but it's still do-able with couple less just might cost a couple of quid more.

Feel free to mail me here or off-line with any questions and I'll get answers

Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Doh!! I was in such  rush yesterday I forgot to say I'd gone for the Monday 21st April slot , for no other reason than Paul expressed a preference for the monday. However, the issue of holiday traffic (ie caravans) could be a bit of a drag on the return journey.
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just a reminder that even though this trip has attracted only two others (Paul and Lou) it's still going ahead. If anyone has had a late resurgent interest , let me know.

Chee-az
steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts