YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from 2 weeks in the Maldives :tongue: and I had to tell all about a genius idea the dive centre there had for boat bags.
They used the Ikea shopping bags (big blue ones)
A few were self draining due to the rubbed through bits in the bases but at 40p each for the Frakta Large Bag or £1.99 for the slightly more practical Frakta Trunk (it has a zip on it to keep things from falling out or keep hands from dipping in) they are cheap enough to change them out when they get in too bad a state.

Some of you probably already know this but some won't and will wonder why they didn't think of it earlier like I did.

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Some guys I know use the IKEA laundry bags, probably similar.

I use a Typhoon bag I got free at Dive Wise a couple of years ago.

MyM

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I've been using one for ages. I've even filled it with scallops and chucked it in the back of the pikey truck. They're indestructible- you can fill them with garden rubble. We also use them as washing baskets at home- fill it with wet washing, sling it over your shoulder then go and peg it out. Then fold it up. We also used loads of them when we moved house.

An excellent Ikea product. Shame it's the only excellent Ikea product.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
I always keep one in the car, and a small one in my kit box for chucking those wet bits in that won't fit elsewhere. Protects the car nicely. I have considered taking them on the boats to chuck the BCD in etc but I normally just chuck it in my Beaveer wetbag instead...

·
learning to speak 'suvvernese'
186 Posts
I used to keep a few in the car but am down to only one (which currently is filled with my pool kit) need a trip to Ikea to replace them soon.

·
I want it all....
299 Posts
Wow, I was dreading Tuesday's trip to Ikea ("we need to go" - "WE"??) but now I'll keep them peeled for some bags.

·
when I'm offline, it usually means I'm getting wet
842 Posts
I laid down a giant 1 tonne rubble sack in my boot a couple of weeks ago to stop the carpet getting soaked from the wet kit going in.

I also hav one of those bendy buckets with all my bits and pieces thrown in it but I think I will get a couple of Ikea bags for filling with only the essentials (rather than the bucket which also has a load of spare stuff) and chucking over the shoulder when boat and shore diving.

Nice one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts