YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi, im going away in a week or so, I want to get my self a underwater camera. Bring back some photos
. Im looking for a cheap one that works at about 30 meters and just a "point and click" one nothing too fancy, what would be a good one to go for?  What sort of price for a normal one and a digital one?  I got a small budget for a first camera.
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>A cheap deal is the Sealife Reefmaster ..it is a 35mm point and shoot job and will set you back by about 180 squid. It it tested to 50 mtr and comes in a case and has a click on close up lens that comes with it also has a built in flash.
Samsung do a didi job in a housing where you can use all the buttons of the Camera it is also tested to 50 mtr and has 4 Mpix cost around 350 squid.

Hope that helps
Michael

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

thanks it does

Im having a look at ebay at the moment see what comes up

Tony

·
Registered
475 Posts
Imported post

If you want a cheap one to try then look at 7dayshop.com they have a Vivitar underwater cruise camera at £17.99 plus postage. They are rated to 15m but I have used one to 22m. You can put new films in they are now single use. They may not be state of art but are a good fun camera. Just looked at your post and you may not be able to get it in time they take about 7 days to arrive.

·
Fair weather diver
131 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colinpjenkins @ Sep. 26 2003,20:45)]If you want a cheap one to try then look at 7dayshop.com they have a Vivitar underwater cruise camera at £17.99 plus postage. They are rated to 15m but I have used one to 22m. You can put new films in they are now single use. They may not be state of art but are a good fun camera. Just looked at your post and you may not be able to get it in time they take about 7 days to arrive.
These are good for the money.  Mine has been to 30m with no probs.  The case is suprisingly solid.  7dayshop also do a macro lens for about £7.  

Cheap enough not to worry about (They also sell on ebay for about £30... really)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the responce

I did find one on ebay, it was a digital one with a little bit of kit with it it started off at 100 quid, I stuck my bid at the last second and won it, should be here on friday it il give me enough time to try it out ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts