YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I've been going spare trying to find someone who's used one of the Coltri Sub egs that are available.They're an old firm in Europe but virtually unheard of in UK rec.circles.When I was last at SMP-http://www.smp-ltd.co.uk,I was looking at them.The consstruction etc.looks good and there's a wide range with piston and diaphragm 1st stages etc.The price though was about £100 !! Firmly beleiving in getting things as reasonably as possible (and having a mistrust of Apeks!)I keep thinking about them.Anyone know anything?I've seen the websites incidentaly.Cheers,Hobby.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Having had a regulator set blow into full freeflow at 35m, I switched to Apeks (for the additonal comfort of the environmentally sealed 1st stage) last summer and I wouldn't dive with anything else. I had to use an unfamiliar set of regs a few months ago and I had two very uncomfortable dives with them - funny how we latch onto something!!

I've not heard of the ones you mentioned - have they ever been reviewed in Diver (their budget reg reviews)? - Could try a search on Divernet for them and see what it turns up. In the meantime, I'll ask a friend who services regs to see what he has to say.

Regards

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Don't bother about my mistrust of Apeks it's a personal thing even though I do own one!Diver have never tested the Coltris'.I hinted that perhaps they should but I've probably more chance of nailing Blancmange to the moon.Any info greatly appreciated though.Hobby.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Have you considered the Scubapro Mk2/R190?
Last time I was in my local dive shop, they were selling them for £90. And at least you don't have to look hard to find information about them..

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Cheers Dom (is that ok or is it Dominic?).Anyway,I've already got a Scubby reg (which I love),I was just intrigued by these Coltri's and the desire to own something new (and cheap!),when I discovered how established the company was I just got more interested,compounded with the fact no one's really heard of them here.Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts