YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Need more tanks since seem to be at remote dive spots alot.
Need a nice big 15l second hand / cheap job.

Anybody selling any or know anyone selling any or any shops doing cheap deals. (Not queing at divers warehouse in the middle of the night,)!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ben,

Call Andy Hayhurst mate (TEL: 07702 - 819381), he's got more tanks than the US 7th Mechanised Armoured Division! He's always renewing his stock for students and courses, so you know you're gonna get a decent 2nd-hand tank (checked-out in and in test) for a good price. You'll be on twins next mate!

HTH,

PS: What you doing at dive sites alone?? Solo diving mate?? Tut-tut ;)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

With my buddy skills might as well be alone!!!

Oh well,as long as Ive got my little pony!

(This is a joke by the way before anybody freaks!)

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Actually been offered a twin rig (7ls faber with manifold, etc) for £250.

Im put of buying anything at the moment as Im not sure how im going to be diving in the future. Is this a good price. But whats the point of diving twin 7s (232psi) when you get more air from a single 15l (232). Chuck on a pony and you have redundency. Is it only worth going for twins if you get twin 10s or 12s.

Im not particually thinking of using twins as id need a wing etc, and id not use my current kit!!

But ideally id like to start thinking about future proofing my purchases.

But i am a little uncertain about nitrox diving on a 12l to depth. Doesnt give to much room for error.

!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Ben on 12:10 pm on Nov. 20, 2002
Im put of buying anything at the moment as Im not sure how im going to be diving in the future. Is this a good price. But whats the point of diving twin 7s (232psi) when you get more air from a single 15l (232). Chuck on a pony and you have redundency. Is it only worth going for twins if you get twin 10s or 12s.
<span =''>

I use twin 7s - one of my best purchases, I think. I used to use a 15 + pony, despite my best efforts it was a bit of a tangle with all the hoses, and it was bloody heavy.

True I'm down one litre of cylinder capacity, but since the new kit is lighter and more streamlined, I use up less air moving it through the water.

Also, if you close the isolator and then use a whip to refill from another cylinder, you actually get more gas into it than you would with one big cylinder. If I recall correctly, anyway..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

Got 5 steel 12s if you want - 3 are 1 year old Fabers with DIN convertables, folding handles, booted and 2 other, older, went out of test September, non DIN but in good nick.

mail me if your interested

Cheers
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts