YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy cheap (less than £30) wooden doors? We've been getting end of lines and ledge and brace kits from major DIY chains, but everyone seems to have gone upmarket and B&Q don't do the kits any more. They have to be solid wood so they can be cut to size - already stupidly bought some composite things I have no use for! Nothing useful within 50 miles on Ebay. Any ideas please? I'm in Suffolk.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
If you just want cheap internal doors then we use Premdor when we need some like that. Absolute shit, world's worst doors but they are very cheap, you'll get a plain, non-fire internal door for 30 quid or less. Alternatively if you want cheap braced and ledged doors then find a joinery supplier in the Yellow Pages, B&Q and the like are usually a hell of a lot more expensive. Might be stating the obvious but have you tried a salvage yard? Salvo does good listings if you don't want to go hunting round SalvoWEB : Home

Reactions: Divemouse

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
If you just want cheap internal doors then we use Premdor when we need some like that. Absolute shit, world's worst doors but they are very cheap, you'll get a plain, non-fire internal door for 30 quid or less. Alternatively if you want cheap braced and ledged doors then find a joinery supplier in the Yellow Pages, B&Q and the like are usually a hell of a lot more expensive. Might be stating the obvious but have you tried a salvage yard? Salvo does good listings if you don't want to go hunting round SalvoWEB : Home
Good call, check Yellow pages and find a reclamation yard that strips doors.Always loads of people that take doors in and change their minds.Always a good spot for decent hardwood doors.

G

·
Jewsons, bradfords, travis perkins etc. all do Premdoor, although at under £30 you'll be lucky to get something solid. but they do a huge range of off the shelf sizes ( i have a building company so have to get all sizes ) failing that you can get what is called a 'door blank' which is basically an oversize door that you cut to size.
or you can buy standard doors, rip out the old linings cut bigger openings, block up the too big ones, fit new linings and then hang the doors :) happy to help!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes. As I said at the beginning, they've decided to go 'upmarket' and don't want to sell cheap stuff anymore.

HA HA B&Q upmarket , silly people, cheap stuff is why diy stores exist:) its so all us folks can buy stuff because we cannot afford to pay people to do it for us!!

Have you tried Wickes they may have what you want. :thumbs_up:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.