YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get 12kgish of weight and was wondering the cheapest place to get it. Will probably have to be online or stomey as i dont have any transport.

Also does anyone know what fins fit size 9 seaskin drysuit boots?

Thanks rhys

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
I can't help you much on the lead front, worth keeping an eye out for secondhand as new weights are eye-wateringly expensive now, whereas secondhand prices seem to have stayed fairly similar to what they were a few years ago.

On the Seaskin boots, mine are size 10 and I use XXXL Turtle fins - they are ideal for the shape of seaskin boots, and there is not a lot of difference from size 9 to size 10.

Other option if you want a lighter fin (though with the neo seaskin boots I don't suspect you will) is the Mares range in XL, The Quattros, Superchannel, Avantis etc all use the same footpocket.

Digs.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I'll make you some If you like, half that price.... can have them at Stoney 8th 9th.... Just let me know how many you need.

Reactions: Repta

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Find someone with a mould you can borrow and go to a scrap yard/metal recycler.

I got a load of lead flashing off ebay which I used to make a v weight for my twinset and some trim weights for my rebreather. It's great because you can just fold it/roll it to whatever size you need with bit of hammering for the final shape.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
get a mould for your club saves a fourtune we normally make it in batches and then sell it for about £4 for a 2kg block to our trainees
I plan on bringing this up at the next committee meeting but ive got a feeling it will take a while before things get done. Probably at least until the start of the next uni term.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts