YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on make and supplier/shop ? I am going on another Red Sea liveaboard in Sept and felt a bit cold towards the end of the week last time in a shortie so am looking for something that is reasonably priced due to the low amount of times I will use it in future !

Thx in advance.

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
Lidl have offers starting 10/5/07 they got em there for £25, thats were mine is coming from !

Lidl Online

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
The LIDL's one's lose their thickness very quickly, but managed to survive using one on a weeks trip to Sharm one January (+ hood, +rash vest) so they can't be all that bad. Probs couldn't do it now as I've chucked a few pounds.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I bought a Lidl 3mm full wetty last year for two weeks in Sharm in August. It's the same Pegaso one that's being sold this time around. 21 dives and there's hardly any wear on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked up one this morning + back-up torch + u/w camera for snorkelling. All for £35. :) :) :)

Even if the wetsuit just lasts the week I'll be happy with shelling out £25 for it !!

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
Been to Lidl got suit and goody bag so well happy !

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
:teeth:

Got a shorty one.

I got the last one in my size. Mind you the labelling between boys and girlies kit wasn't clear.

Any comments on my travestitism will be promptly acted upon
:angel: :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Other option is Decathlon. I got a shortie from there for what seems like an expensive £15, and it's very nice. Has worn well despite being left wet in the boot of a car for weeks on end, and being treated like cack. Plus it's got a nice low neckline which makes me look more svelte as I glide through the water. No good if you've got a load of straps around your neck of course, but looking good is far more important than functionality in my book.

Thinking about going to Lidl, but can feel a bit of bad behaviour going on, and me spending £50 on tat I don't need. Happens every sodding time.

Digs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts