YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I know it's long shot but does anyone have a small dry suit with tiny wrist seals that would fit my slim  12 year old daughter? She did her OW in T'Egypt last summer and wants to do a dry suit course and try to dive in the uk. I would love to take her. The only small suit at our local outfit is the one my 13 year old son borrows.
Would be like to borrow or hire if anyone has one to lend.
Jules

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

There's a firm on E-bay doing kids suits at £170 new. Search under Scuba or dry-suit.
My son's suit would be too big I think, its fairly slim but he was 5'9 when I bought it but had size 10 feet! Doesnt take after me, I'm 5-11 size 8 1/2 or his Mum's size 4.
Problem I found was neck seals as well, had to get a really small size.

Matt

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Dont really want to buy when potentially she may only wear it a few times before she grows too big .
Anyone else got kids who out grew their drysuit so would lend/hire or sell me one?

Jules

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

Exactly what size, need a bit more info and I might (though don't hold your breath) be able to help.

Need Height, shoe size, neck and wrist size.

A friend of mine was moaning about the suit she had made for her then 12 year old son, he is now nearly 15, much bigger and, err, other things occupy his time / mind (if you know what I mean). She would like to sell it, I doubt she will want a lot for it.

If your interested post the sizes and I will pass it on.

Andrew

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Bethi is 12 years old and 14cm round her wrist, 29cm round her neck,150cm tall, 126 shoulder to ground, size 5 feet. She is slim but about avarage proportions for a 12 year old girl. If your mate has a suit I would gladly hire it for a season or buy it if cheap enough...
Thanks
Jules

1 - 6 of 6 Posts